Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys
1. If I go to Australia on a study visa to study a course that is on the SOL list am I able to stay after the course and get a permanent job in that field or would I have to return to my home country?

2. I was thinking of studying Cert IV and Diploma in Remedial Massage. Can I go and study this at any institution offering this course or am I restricted to choosing only certain colleges?

G

·
There is no guarantee you would be able to stay after a period of study. There might be visa options post study but these and the requirements to get one change all the time and even if you would meet the requirements now there is no guarantee you would after 2 or 3 years study. Especially given the system is changing from July and given the amount of changes over the past few years the is no knowing what they will do next or if it would happen before you finish studying.

You can only study at approved institutions, there are a lot of bogus colleges about just as there are in the UK. But you will be an international student, paying international fees, with no access to student loans from the UK or Australia.

The Australian Government wishes for international students to come and study then return home after to put their skills to use which is why it is becoming increasingly more difficult to stay in the country after study. Even students studying degree and higher degrees struggle with the ever changing rules to stay so it is even more difficult for lower level courses.

Would a Cert IV in massage get you a job that is on the current sol?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what I've read you need a Diploma as well as Cert IV in Remedial Massage to be able practice professionally (as well as the usual trade memberships, insurance etc).
Also most of the course are only parttime study. Those that do fulltime intensive study state that the Diploma course can completed in less that 6 months.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.