Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am applying for the 189 visa and have a few questions:

1) My wife worked in the UAE till 2008. Should I get a police clearance? She falls in the 10 year window from the last time she exited the country.

2) My Indian passport has stated my Given Name as my first middle and last all as one. The application asks for a Family name and Given Name. Family name is mandatory while Given Name is optional. Not sure how to provide my name as entering anything will be inconsistent with my passport.

3) I lived in several countries since 2000 (the year I turned 18). Should I provide police clearance for all countries after this time or only for the 10 year window backdating from today?

4) Is there a checklist or a thread on this forum that can be used reference?

Thanks for your help guys!

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Hi all,

1) My wife worked in the UAE till 2008. Should I get a police clearance? She falls in the 10 year window from the last time she exited the country.

2) My Indian passport has stated my Given Name as my first middle and last all as one. The application asks for a Family name and Given Name. Family name is mandatory while Given Name is optional. Not sure how to provide my name as entering anything will be inconsistent with my passport.

3) I lived in several countries since 2000 (the year I turned 18). Should I provide police clearance for all countries after this time or only for the 10 year window backdating from today?

1. If her stay in UAE was more than 1 year, then yes PCC is needed.
2. Can you give example to be clear?
3. Last 10 years windows wherever stay is more than 1 year will require PCC. Rest is upto CO to ask.
4. Searching is the best option. I am sure there is plenty of info

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi all,

Q1 . Yes your wife needs a PCC from UAE
Q2. Give the name as per your passport and dont provide any information on the optional field. If at all any confusion will be there your CO will contact you.
Q3 . Yea you need the PCC for all the countries where you have stayed more than 1 year after you attained 16 years of age .
Q4 . DIBP Has the cHecklist in their website of SC 189

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sd1982

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick help, sharma1981.

2. My passport has combined my first, middle and last name into one name. So instead of entering F, M and L name in different slots, I have to enter it as one. My passport has ignored that i have a middle and last name and added the middle and last to my first name. Hope I make sense.

3. So prior to 2007 I don't need any PCCs?

Regards

1. If her stay in UAE was more than 1 year, then yes PCC is needed.
2. Can you give example to be clear?
3. Last 10 years windows wherever stay is more than 1 year will require PCC. Rest is upto CO to ask.
4. Searching is the best option. I am sure there is plenty of info

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Thanks for the quick help, sharma1981.

2. My passport has combined my first, middle and last name into one name. So instead of entering F, M and L name in different slots, I have to enter it as one. My passport has ignored that i have a middle and last name and added the middle and last to my first name. Hope I make sense.

3. So prior to 2007 I don't need any PCCs?

Regards
OK

2. SO passport only has Given Names? If thats the case, then add all name in the SURNAME/FAMILY NAME field in the application. In the application, you can keep GIVEN NAME as BLANK. Also, do mention this in additional info sections of Form80/1221 during VISA lodge
3. For any stay beyond 10 years, CO might or might not ask. To be on safe side you can get familiar with the PCC process for that country so that you are ready if CO asks for it. Do not submit for anything prior to 10 years.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts