Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am freaking out and getting different info.

My application said to send the UK Fiance visa to New York. But it is a settlement application so says the application page. But settlement visa applications go to Sheffield according to the government website. So which is right?

Ive sent it to New York since that is what my application said to do, so now I am freaking out thinking I sent it to the wrong place.

Did I?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yes, New York is the wrong location. All settlement visas must go to Sheffield for processing. New York processes non-settlement only.

·
Super Moderator
18,016 Posts
Applications for settlement visas from US applicants have been processed in Sheffield for about 1 1/2 years. At the beginning of the year, the British Consulate in New York stopped forwarding applications to Sheffield that were erroneously sent to them. Your package will be returned to you with instructions to send it to Sheffield.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you everyone. Luckily the package hadn't shipped out yet and I have gotten it back.

Very confused though because UPS has told me they cannot provide a prepaid return shipping label for an international location. DHL the same. Im on hold with USPS customer service right now.

How am I supposed to get my documents back if they can't do the return labels for international locations???

·
Registered
40 Posts
I created a return with my online UPS account, printed the label at home, bought an envelope at the UPS store and included it in my package to Sheffield. Caution: using USPS is a bad idea, due to hold ups in customs and your package getting stuck there, possibly for weeks.

·
Super Moderator
18,016 Posts
Thank you everyone. Luckily the package hadn't shipped out yet and I have gotten it back.

Very confused though because UPS has told me they cannot provide a prepaid return shipping label for an international location. DHL the same. Im on hold with USPS customer service right now.

How am I supposed to get my documents back if they can't do the return labels for international locations???
You can't send something from the UK with US postage. You need to open an account on line with either UPS or DHL.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks again guys. Phew. Okay. Well I suppose shipping it one day after I planned is better than shipping it to the wrong place and blah blah. Lol.

Hopefully this is the last stressful thing I need to deal with. ....something tells me no....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also, what the heck is a waybill? Is it the same thing as a return label? I am very confused as to what I need to do to send all of this. So far, this is what I'm thinking.

1. Create UPS account-- I have now done this, however I have never navigated around it so that is stressful as well
2. Generate a Return using... the print and mail return label option once I enter everything in
3. Go back to the UPS store, get an envelope and slap that label on it, shove it in the package along with the application, and get them to send it to Sheffield

But...what the heck is a waybill???

·
Super Moderator
18,016 Posts
Also, what the heck is a waybill? Is it the same thing as a return label? I am very confused as to what I need to do to send all of this. So far, this is what I'm thinking. 1. Create UPS account-- I have now done this, however I have never navigated around it so that is stressful as well 2. Generate a Return using... the print and mail return label option once I enter everything in 3. Go back to the UPS store, get an envelope and slap that label on it, shove it in the package along with the application, and get them to send it to Sheffield But...what the heck is a waybill???
It's a return label.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.