Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiii
I have applied visa in 9th Sept 2017 fiance visa non priority. I have few questions regarding whats next after we get fiance visa. I am worried about the future and our wedding.

We are supposed to get married in Jan 2018 end in the UK. We have to book all the wedding arrangements now and book honeymoon and etc. Its almost November.
What can we do now coz of uncertainity?

We wish to go to Europe for honeymoon but my passpost is in UK embassy ofcourse! I am from India & I require schengen visa for it. How many days do we get after UK fiance visa to fly to UK? Can I apply for schengen visa from UK? (fiance visa)

Kindly please advise. Its very stressful
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
You don't want to pay for non-returnable expenses in case your visa doesn't come through in time.
The vignette lasts for 30 days, usually starting around your stated travel date or when the visa is issued, whichever is the later.
As for Schengen visa, it depends on the embassy/consulate. You may be able to apply in UK on your fiancé visa, but there may be a wait time before you can apply, sometimes no appointment is available for a month or longer. Do you still have your passport or did you have to hand it in when you applied? You cannot apply for Schengen visa without your passport.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You don't want to pay for non-returnable expenses in case your visa doesn't come through in time.
The vignette lasts for 30 days, usually starting around your stated travel date or when the visa is issued, whichever is the later.
As for Schengen visa, it depends on the embassy/consulate. You may be able to apply in UK on your fiancé visa, but there may be a wait time before you can apply, sometimes no appointment is available for a month or longer. Do you still have your passport or did you have to hand it in when you applied? You cannot apply for Schengen visa without your passport.
Thanks a lot Joppa for response.
I have handed in my passport to UK embassy for fiance visa. If I didnt have to then I would have just applied for Schengen visa now for future travels. But I cant as I dont have my passport.

If I maybe able apply on my UK fiance visa, what would be the wait time? Should I apply for schengen visa if as soon as I reach UK? What do you suggest?

I am trying to delay the payment of wedding arrangements but its very stressful for kepping everything at last minute.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hi

My fiance visa vignette i received on 8/11 is for the full six months, ie, valid from Nov 2017 to May 2018 not 30 days.

Mine came from Manila too as they process for Malaysia.

Regards

Sent from my NX531J using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.