Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Of course there is a postal service.. I see the man every single day although he never has a letter for me, even the ones I post to myself
Quite seriously we get ours, and they come from quite a few countries, maybe takes a bit longer than usual, but they do arrive, eventually...:clap2:

·
Registered
985 Posts
When I lived in Hurghada... the closest I had to an address was...
Apartment 4,
The house in school street that is opposite the 3-way junction by the big yellow mansion, where Omar is the bawab.
Al Hadaba,
Hurghada.

Postcode??? Hurghada???:rolleyes:

Mail??? Never!!!!!! But the Pizza Hut guy could find me!!!!:D

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Without googling.. do you know your Egyptian postcode?
Mmmmmmm :confused2:

The postmen would never even look at them if they're written..........They only look for streets' names and or "descriptions"! mamasue's example would be the best way for an Egyptian postman to locate a person/property!

·
Registered
605 Posts
We had a great postman in Alex, he found us after we'd moved house without leaving a forwarding address and delivered the mail he'd kept back for us. Impressive eh? Wouldn't get that in many places! Don't think we had a post code though.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I received two envelopes from the US through the postal service.

Mail carrier called (ex) husband to let him know there was an envelope and schedule an appointment to meet at a cafe to deliver.
(Ex) husband met carrier at cafe and tipped him for remembering to call.
Mail carrier handed him the envelope.
(Ex) husband tipped him for handing him the envelope, then tipped him again so he'd remember to call if another envelope arrived.

That's how it went, both times.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts