Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

In 2014, I was on a carte de sejour temporarire "salarie en mission" of duration 3 years, CDD during my last stint in France. I was an employee of the Indian entity hosted in the French entity for 4 months less than 2 years.

Now, there is a consideration for a local employment, open ended contract proposal for me. Meaning I will move to the French entity and probably resign from the Indian entity, while preserving the years of experience I earned in the Indian group.

In this context I would like to ask:
1. Will it be the same work permit category like my last stint or something different this time around?

2. There has been a recent addition called "talent passport" work permit which applies to 10 categories including the category of "intra group transfers" "salarie en mission" with local employment contract. Does this cateogry replace any other existing category and if an employer have other options than this category for my case?

3. Is the work permit linked to the employer who files it? Meaning it is not a unhindered work authorization in France. If this is the case, is there a time duration after which one is free to switch to a different employer in France?

4. Irrespective of the work permit, does a continuous 5 year sejour in France lead to a possibility to apply for a 10 year work permit or residency permit?

Regards
Mayank

·
Administrator
50,912 Posts
There aren't actually "work permit categories" - the key thing is having work authorization (which the employer must obtain) and then having an appropriate titre de séjour (residence permit).

If the "French entity" is a subsidiary owned by your Indian employer, it may well be possible for your employer to arrange for a "transfer" of your work authorization, which would allow you to simply change status when renewing your carte de séjour. You may want to show your employer the following: https://www.service-public.fr/professionnels-entreprises/vosdroits/F22782

Your situation would fall under the drop down for hiring a foreigner already established in France - but may be made somewhat simpler by the relationship between the French entity and your Indian employer. But ultimately it's the employer that needs to seek work authorization for you.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bev
Thanks again for making that distinction. I wanted to indeed talk about the appropriate titre de sejour based on the present set of situations.

The organization is in fact French and owns the Indian subsidy. I am currently in India since June 2016 - working with the Indian subsidy - and therefore not under the situation you mentioned (already established in France) . While finishing my contract in mid 2016, I was told that the company proceeded with "informing" the French authorities on my permanent return to India and hence the carte the de sejour would soon become invalid, even if the dates mentioned on the card are until the end of this year. ( I was recently in Paris and had applied for a fresh visa on my passport).

I was told by a few people that if your carte de sejour is temporaire and mentions "salarie en mission" (CDD or CDI irrespective), it shall be always linked to the employer who filed your work authorization and doesn't give you flexibility to search for another job with a different employer.
Some as well told me that the # of years you work under this category of carte won't add up towards the period after which you are eligible to apply for a 10 year long duration EU residence card that could give you unrestricted access to the job market in EU making it easier to change jobs.

Rgds
Mayank

There aren't actually "work permit categories" - the key thing is having work authorization (which the employer must obtain) and then having an appropriate titre de séjour (residence permit).

If the "French entity" is a subsidiary owned by your Indian employer, it may well be possible for your employer to arrange for a "transfer" of your work authorization, which would allow you to simply change status when renewing your carte de séjour. You may want to show your employer the following: https://www.service-public.fr/professionnels-entreprises/vosdroits/F22782

Your situation would fall under the drop down for hiring a foreigner already established in France - but may be made somewhat simpler by the relationship between the French entity and your Indian employer. But ultimately it's the employer that needs to seek work authorization for you.
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 3 of 3 Posts