Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I am not currently in France but would like to know if anyone has or knows of a personal training company in the south of France. as I am a personal trainer and would like to relocate from Leeds, UK to Marseille /St Tropez to work.

Thank you for any help.

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
Hello

Welcome to our forum!

May I ask for you to be a little more precise? Do you mean gym type personal trainer, or personal development trainer - knowing yourself, managing stress and image etc?

Either way it will probably be difficult - there is high unemployment in France so there is less money around and more people looking for jobs. You might also think about how any qualifications you have will be seen in France - are they internationally recognised etc. If France qualifications are considered to be very important.

DejW

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ok, I am not currently in France but would like to know if anyone has or knows of a personal training company in the south of France. as I am a personal trainer and would like to relocate from Leeds, UK to Marseille /St Tropez to work.

Thank you for any help.
Hi Bladezkt, I agree with Dejw, personal training is not a very big business in France and not a priority with French at the present time, unless they have lots of Cash, rare.
Qualifications are important too. It is not a business you will make much money in unlike in the US etc, Dan

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Marseille/St Trop... they're a fair distance apart in kilometres and even further apart in culture I would have thought. Do you have friends in these 2 places that you can stay with? If not, I can't help thinking it's a risky time to be taking a flyer at a career that might or not earn you enough to live on. Living on your own in St Trop especially could gobble your savings up fast while you wait to find out which it's going to be.

I know a family in Paris who have a personal trainer who visits once a week. I can't fathom out why they need one but it seems rude to ask.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.