Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can someone assist me with a steer on compounds to view, i will be visiting shortly and want to get to view the best of the compound scene for UK expats, looking for a family slanted compound with reasonable set up and friendly family scene,not interested in "party monster" set ups.
prefer the villa types not keen on apartments.
family of four.

could also look at single villa set ups if within a good UK/EURO type development.
or happy to take sensible recommendations and steers in this area.
funding not an issue within reason!
many thanks.

·
Banned
598 Posts
There is no with in reason of Dubai home pricing.
We need to know you housing allowance, and what part of town you will work in.

Also this isnt like iraq or afganistan, we dont have compounds. ITs like any other large city in the world. And you wont have any problems finding uk people here as that is like trying to find sand here. They are all over.

good luck

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is no with in reason of Dubai home pricing.
We need to know you housing allowance, and what part of town you will work in.

Also this isnt like iraq or afganistan, we dont have compounds. ITs like any other large city in the world. And you wont have any problems finding uk people here as that is like trying to find sand here. They are all over.

good luck
allowance will be iro local 150-250k.
i will working up at the FTZ Ras Al Kaimah
finding good location with UK flavour key for Mrs.

appreciate your comments on compound culture etc hard to shake that one off!

your steer towards good accom/villa at price stated would be well recieved, you have eyes on!,

·
Registered
6,657 Posts
allowance will be iro local 150-250k.
i will working up at the FTZ Ras Al Kaimah
finding good location with UK flavour key for Mrs.

appreciate your comments on compound culture etc hard to shake that one off!

your steer towards good accom/villa at price stated would be well recieved, you have eyes on!,
If you are working in Ras al Khaimah then you will have a very long drive to many parts of Dubai. You really want to be closer to the Sharjah border if you want to live in Dubai. Mirdiff would be a reasonable option. Have you thought about living in RAK?

There is a massive difference in what AED 150k and 250k will get you, although areas like Mirdiff are cheaper than others.

-

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.