Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning all,

I had a quick question, how long does it usually take to get your package and documents sent to Sheffield? I've sent and done my biometrics test last Friday, July 14th from Vancouver and haven't heard anything back. Do they usually send an email to you when it's being sent or when it's finally arrived? I'm just a little worried since they have a lot of my original documents!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How did you send your documents? Most people user courier so they can track it.
I went through the VFS global in Vancouver! They used DHL to courier the documents but they only gave me a way bill for the documents to come back to me from Sheffield!

·
Super Moderator
18,088 Posts
You might get an email and you might not. The best way to confirm that your documents were received is through tracking. I agree with hippoman. Contact them and request a tracking number.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I did mine in Edmonton and I think it was 2.5 weeks before I got an email from Sheffield saying they got my documents. Didn't have any emails or ability to track before that and like you I was worried but it did get there.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maybe contact them and request a tracking number?
You might get an email and you might not. The best way to confirm that your documents were received is through tracking. I agree with hippoman. Contact them and request a tracking number.
I eventually got the VFS Feedback email and asked them there. They said they don't provide tracking numbers except the one where the documents will come back, but they did let me know that it is with the entry clearance officer! A big sigh of relief as I also got an email this morning saying that they have received the online submission! Thanks for all of your help and support :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did mine in Edmonton and I think it was 2.5 weeks before I got an email from Sheffield saying they got my documents. Didn't have any emails or ability to track before that and like you I was worried but it did get there.
It's a really difficult process! Hopefully it'll be less than the 12 weeks that they said in the email! Thanks for your help!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.