Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Expats,

I have been reading your threads for a few days now and I must say you guys are doing awesome jobs in helping people through some seemingly difficult situation as it concerns migrating to Australia.

I am a telecom engineer with a bachelor degree and over 6 years experience. I am thinking of coming into Australia through a diploma course in telecoms and find a job after the course. Then start processing my permanent residence visa. I wouldn't know if this is possible and I am hoping to hear from the expats. If this is possible I will love to have a link through which I can apply for the course.

Please, your advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks as I look forward to reading from you.

·
Registered
25,762 Posts
Dear Expats,

I have been reading your threads for a few days now and I must say you guys are doing awesome jobs in helping people through some seemingly difficult situation as it concerns migrating to Australia.

I am a telecom engineer with a bachelor degree and over 6 years experience. I am thinking of coming into Australia through a diploma course in telecoms and find a job after the course. Then start processing my permanent residence visa. I wouldn't know if this is possible and I am hoping to hear from the expats. If this is possible I will love to have a link through which I can apply for the course.

Please, your advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks as I look forward to reading from you.
Telecommunications engineer are under MLTSSL list

You can apply directly and get PR
Any particular reason why you want to do a Diploma first in Australia?

Cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Telecommunications engineer are under MLTSSL list

You can apply directly and get PR
Any particular reason why you want to do a Diploma first in Australia?

Cheers
Thank you for the response.

I have Alcatel equipment experience and I have been finding difficult to get a job for the past one year because all networks have swapped Alcatel to other vendors. So I thought it will make sense to use this medium. Is there any disadvantage using this medium?

Thanks.

·
Registered
25,762 Posts
Thank you for the response.

I have Alcatel equipment experience and I have been finding difficult to get a job for the past one year because all networks have swapped Alcatel to other vendors. So I thought it will make sense to use this medium. Is there any disadvantage using this medium?

Thanks.
Studying as a foreigner maybe quite costly in Australia
Maybe as a PR holder you are entitled to reduced fees

Did you examine that ?

Cheers

·
Registered
25,762 Posts
Thanks so much for your time and response. However, I will like to know the fee, at least to have an idea.
I don't think there would be too many students on this forum.

The chances of getting a response on the courses available for you and be the fees thereof are very low.

You are better off researching the same on your own in my opinion

Most of the members here have crossed their studying age long ago

Cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't think there would be too many students on this forum.

The chances of getting a response on the courses available for you and be the fees thereof are very low.

You are better off researching the same on your own in my opinion

Most of the members here have crossed their studying age long ago

Cheers
Thank you, Sir.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.