Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I just went on a verification call from Australian embassy, my boss who gave the reference also heads HR. I had 11 years work under the institution and (claimed 15 points) left that department some 2 years ago which he vouched in the reference letter. But while my reference is being sought on phone he confirmed that his association with me is only 2 and half years and clarified that he too joined some 5 years ago. My question is does the case officer misunderstand it for 2.5 years only instead of 11 years ? As remaining years i worked under several other heads and took only one Reference letter (for 11 years) given by the current Chief Engineer. How does the case officer presume ? What if he mistakes it for 2.5 years ? ignoring my employment for remaining 8.5 years ? Pls. enlighten if this is an undue worry ? I got the call during last week of July 2017 from New Delhi .
Visa lodged : 18.October 2016
Ist CO : 10th.Nov.2016
Replied with PCC, MED. by 14.Nov.2016
Ist call Employment verification on : 24.Jul.17

·
Registered
23,949 Posts
Hello,

I just went on a verification call from Australian embassy, my boss who gave the reference also heads HR. I had 11 years work under the institution and (claimed 15 points) left that department some 2 years ago which he vouched in the reference letter. But while my reference is being sought on phone he confirmed that his association with me is only 2 and half years and clarified that he too joined some 5 years ago. My question is does the case officer misunderstand it for 2.5 years only instead of 11 years ? As remaining years i worked under several other heads and took only one Reference letter (for 11 years) given by the current Chief Engineer. How does the case officer presume ? What if he mistakes it for 2.5 years ? ignoring my employment for remaining 8.5 years ? Pls. enlighten if this is an undue worry ? I got the call during last week of July 2017 from New Delhi .
As long as you submitted a Reference letter and not a statutory declaration, I don't think you have anything to worry
No one can be expected to work under a single boss for such a long period
I am sure the AHC will not misinterpret the reply

Cheers

·
Registered
23,949 Posts
Thanks your reply is a moral booster. Can anyone guess the time lines after verification for grant ?
Any reply you get from me or anyone else will be just speculating

Your guess is as good as anybody's else's

But the verification call is a big piece of puzzle put in place

Cheers

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Post verification mail for PCC

Hello,

Hello Dear,

Just to update you guys that i have received a simple querry to upload my sons PCC on 21st.Sept.17 which we have responded today. Can we now safely presume that my employment verification is positive now? ( employment verification call on 26th.july.17)

regards

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hello Dear,

Just to update you guys that i have received a simple query to upload my sons PCC on 21st.Sept.17 which we have responded today. Can we now safely presume that my employment verification is positive now? ( employment verification call on 26th.july.17)

regards
Brother, don't get over-worried. If there is anything with your employment, they will email you. Even if they think you have falsified your document, they will get in touch with you.
Relax, your grant will come shortly.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Brother, don't get over-worried. If there is anything with your employment, they will email you. Even if they think you have falsified your document, they will get in touch with you.
Relax, your grant will come shortly.
Thanks brother for your assertive reply. I wish you and everyone a speedy grant and i shall post again once i have. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts