Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am 19 years old living in portugal.my father have portugeese citizenship and we want to shift to uk with my father.what should i need to do now?

·
Super Moderator
Originally from UK but lived in many countries
6,965 Posts
Hi,
Get yourself a Portuguese passport - you can then go anywhere you like in the Eu!
Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Probably his father obtained Portuguese citizenship through naturalisation etc, so he isn't eligible for one. If that's the case, he can get EEA family permit as family member (direct descending line) of an EEA citizen. He needs to be under 21, but otherwise there are few conditions.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah now I am 19 do I can't get portugeese passport but I have residence permit of portugal.what should I need to do now? Thanks everyone for your response

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
As I said, apply for EEA family permit for UK. To apply, your father needs to be moving to UK with you, and attaches a letter stating he is going to UK and requests EEA family permit for you so that you can accompany. You need your passport, certified copy of your father's Portuguese passport or his original national ID card and your birth certificate showing your parentage (professionally translated into English). There is no fee.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.