Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
One way to avoid the avalanche of ppc ads is by using touch screen devices, ie tablet or smartphone apps. Smaller screens have some advantages :)
Access direct via internet on Touch technology is terrible you're likely to press more ads than topics.

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
I must say I'm puzzled by the pop-up comment because I don't get them. And I don't think it's because I'm a moderator because I didn't before.
And (looks sheepish because she should know) what's a text enhancer? I don't think I get them either!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I don't get them either but it sounds like you would have to go to your browser settings and there should be something about blocking pop-ups there.

·
Administrator
36,446 Posts
I must say I'm puzzled by the pop-up comment because I don't get them. And I don't think it's because I'm a moderator because I didn't before.
And (looks sheepish because she should know) what's a text enhancer? I don't think I get them either!
I don't know what text enhancement is either :confused2:

there's a thread in 'Mexico' about a pop-up ad - it seems that if you are viewing the forum without logging in there IS a pop-up - I logged out to see it - it's put there by admin but they say it's only there for a few days at most

the solution is simple afaics - just log in!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Install an ad blocker extension to your firefox, chrome, safari or IE web browser, then enjoy the internet (mostly) ad free

I use the Adblock Plus extension on firefox and have never seen an ad on this site.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts