Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, wanted to know a few things about the process.
I am all set to apply for visa 175(have already cleared Assessment, IELTS etc). However, i might need to go to US for a company assignment for a year from India
In that case
- How can police verification be done, if i am in the USA when they ask for PCC
- What about Medicals?, i guess this shouldnt be a problem since medicals can be done anywhere in the world
- Now comes the last part, if they ask me to land in Australia at a certain date and i am not able to make it since i was in the US...what should i do?. Do they listen to reasons for not coming?...There can be change in circumstances..for everyone right?

thanks
sandeepraj

·
Super Moderator
3,447 Posts
I am all set to apply for visa 175(have already cleared Assessment, IELTS etc). However, i might need to go to US for a company assignment for a year from India
In that case
- What about Medicals?, i guess this shouldnt be a problem since medicals can be done anywhere in the world
- Now comes the last part, if they ask me to land in Australia at a certain date and i am not able to make it since i was in the US...what should i do?. Do they listen to reasons for not coming?...There can be change in circumstances..for everyone right?

thanks
sandeepraj
You can do your medicals in the US.

You will need to enter Australia within one year of the date of your PCCs/meds, whichever date is first, to activate the visa (this is called the initial entry date). This can simply be for a brief visit like a vacation. This date cannot be changed except perhaps in exceptional circumstances (like unforeseen medical reasons where travel would be impossible).

·
Registered
116 Posts
In that case

thanks
sandeepraj
PCC can be obtained by your nearest Indian Embassy by mail or in person.I applied last week here in New York City.

So far as Initial entry date is concerned it is fixed.I heard someone 7 months pregnant were asked to travel otherwise loose your visa and someone could extend it in rare case where he showed excessive medical documents.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.