Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I need some advice please. I came to UK on Tier4 student visa in 2011. I had to register in police according to the stamp I had in my passport. But I failed to do so. I came few times and wasn’t able to take a queue even, there were so many people. And I forgot to do it later. I left UK in 2012 and now I will apply for new Tier 4 visa.

Do you know if this could influence my visa application? I will apply form Russia. Thank you!

·
Registered
39,085 Posts
It says:

"If the [migrant] fails to register, you must consider refusing future applications under paragraph 322(3) of the Immigration Rules (see related link)."

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/s...istration/police-registration.pdf?view=Binary Page 16.

And paragraph 322(3) says:

"Grounds on which leave to remain and variation of leave to enter or remain in the United Kingdom should normally be refused:
(3) failure to comply with any conditions attached to the grant of leave to enter or remain;"

So if they do background checks and find out about non-registration, visa denial is a distinct possibility.
I suggest you own up, give extenuating circumstances, take full responsibility for your failure and show remorse.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It says:

So if they do background checks and find out about non-registration, visa denial is a distinct possibility.
I suggest you own up, give extenuating circumstances, take full responsibility for your failure and show remorse.
Oh, god!
Is there any chance to fix the situation? Should I attach any kind of explaining letter to my aplication?
Do you think they often check the background?
I've been twice in UK for long periods and never broke the law.

·
Registered
39,085 Posts
Well, as I have said, you have to disclose the fact you have failed to register with the police, breaking a condition of your previous leave. Just be honest, take full responsibility for it and that it's never your intention to break the law and it was just an oversight and won't be repeated.
If you keep quiet about it and they find out, there is a very high chance that you will be denied your visa.
Yes, they do scrutinise all applications for Tier 4 from Russia.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.