Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

To those of you who got Competences et Talents how did you obtain your police report? Did you go to the local police department and ask for a criminal record?
I've noticed that the Washington DC consulate requires specifically a police record AND an FBI record. The Houston consulate only states a police record. I really want to make sure we bring the correct thing.

The "Compétences et Talents" Card - Consulat Général de France à Houston

Public Information Requests

On the second link, do you think the "Criminal History Information" is what they are looking for?

Cheers everyone! I wish the consulate was a bit more specific about these things, but ah well! :D

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
*Also...and this makes it REALLY fun, I've only been back in the US for 7 months. Before that I was living in London. Does this mean I need to get my police record (lack there of) from the UK somehow? ACK.

·
Registered
974 Posts
*Also...and this makes it REALLY fun, I've only been back in the US for 7 months. Before that I was living in London. Does this mean I need to get my police record (lack there of) from the UK somehow? ACK.
I'm pretty sure you only need police checks for countries you've been in for 12 months or more in the last ten years.

·
Administrator
51,620 Posts
You may need to ask the consulate what they expect. Logically speaking, it should be the countries where you've been resident during the time period in question.

However, when I went for my French nationality, it turned out that they wanted a police clearance from your home country. Period. The fact that I hadn't lived in the US for the past 10 years (which is supposed to be the relevant time period) didn't matter. I had to get the FBI police clearance document.

Always best to ask first.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you so much for replying Sarah and Bev.

I did live in London for 2 years prior to moving to Houston, TX this past August. I will ask specifically for what they want-I was scared that might incite them to ask for more, but I think I just have to take the risk. I did some more googling and it seems some people got away with just a local police report while some did have to show the FBI one. I think I'll send off for the FBI one and if they won't accept just the local then we'll just have to delay our applications.

On a positive note, my husband and I are having lunch with the french cultural attache from the consulate in a couple of days. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.