Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as i'm now filling in my application, i'm probably going to be making quite a few posts so thanks in advance to all those in the know.

there is a section asking if you or your spouse have lived anywhere for longer than a year in the last 10 years.

i assume they're asking this because of police clearances, does my wife have to get a police clearance as well.
the other country was south africa and i know that getting police clearances from there is a nightmare.

thanks
grant

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Yes, all adults on the application need PCCs (Police Clearance Certificates). No it's not easy in some countries, but its one of the non-negotiables in any application. At the very least you must have made an application for a PCC as documentary evidence. Considering that many South Africans live in AU it certainly doesn't border on the impossible to get these certificates.

as i'm now filling in my application, i'm probably going to be making quite a few posts so thanks in advance to all those in the know.

there is a section asking if you or your spouse have lived anywhere for longer than a year in the last 10 years.

i assume they're asking this because of police clearances, does my wife have to get a police clearance as well.
the other country was south africa and i know that getting police clearances from there is a nightmare.

thanks
grant

·
Registered
173 Posts

thanks
grant
Try to apply well in advance, so that by the time you get your CO allocated, you will have the police clearence certificate with you. I can see many south africans residing here in Aus. So defenately there will be a way of getting it.

All the best.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts