Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a question regarding police clearing certificates for 485 visa and permanent visas.

If you are applying for temporary or permanent migration
For the Australian Government to determine whether you are of good character, you might be asked to provide police certificates for each country you have lived in for 12 months or more, over the last 10 years (calculated immediately before the time the visa application is lodged), since turning 16 years of age.

I just wanted a heads up. Say for example I graduate in December 2018 and lodged my 485 visa in January 2019. I know I would have to apply for police clearance from Australia, Pakistan and USA. I wanted to know that would I need one from UAE as well. I stayed in Dubai from August 2003 till July 2009. If I apply in January 2019 and go back 10 years that would be January 2009. From January 2009 to June 2009 I was in Dubai. In that case , that is less than 12 months and therefore I would not need UAE police clearance right ?

I was born on 3rd November 1991

·
Registered
23,891 Posts
I had a question regarding police clearing certificates for 485 visa and permanent visas.

If you are applying for temporary or permanent migration
For the Australian Government to determine whether you are of good character, you might be asked to provide police certificates for each country you have lived in for 12 months or more, over the last 10 years (calculated immediately before the time the visa application is lodged), since turning 16 years of age.

I just wanted a heads up. Say for example I graduate in December 2018 and lodged my 485 visa in January 2019. I know I would have to apply for police clearance from Australia, Pakistan and USA. I wanted to know that would I need one from UAE as well. I stayed in Dubai from August 2003 till July 2009. If I apply in January 2019 and go back 10 years that would be January 2009. From January 2009 to June 2009 I was in Dubai. In that case , that is less than 12 months and therefore I would not need UAE police clearance right ?

I was born on 3rd November 1991
When you fill the form 80 , it will show that you stayed in Dubai for 6 years till July 2009
So in all probability, the CO will ask you for the PCC from Dubai also, seeing that you are just a borderline case of 10 years

Be mentally prepared to give it
If he doesn't well and good

Cheers

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When you fill the form 80 , it will show that you stayed in Dubai for 6 years till July 2009
So in all probability, the CO will ask you for the PCC from Dubai also, seeing that you are just a borderline case of 10 years

Be mentally prepared to give it
If he doesn't well and good

Cheers
Yes I agree, but the main thing is in the last 10 years isnt it? It woulb hard for me to get uae police clearance since I do not live there anymore and I will have to check whether I have my national ID card. Is there a chance the case officer might not ask ? I will need one from australia, pakistan and USA which is not a problem. The wording is confusing as it says the last 10 years and before 2009 should not count right?
This is what I got from the border gov website. This means I cant apply for the uae police certificate unless the DIBP requests a letter. In that case I wont be able to get it in advance and I do not know how long the time-frame is to get the UAE pcc. Lastly what happens if I can not get hold of my uae ID card ?

Applying outside the UAE:
Apply in person at a foreign mission in or nearest to your current country of residence OR apply online via the UAE’s Ministry of Interior website.

Documents required:
letter from us requesting the Certificate
two passport size photographs
copy of your current and old passport
copy of your current/former UAE ID card
copy of UAE resident permits (all held) (non-citizens)
full set of authenticated fingerprints – certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the UAE foreign mission in the country of current residence.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also do you know how can I get pcc from pakistan if I am in Australia. Secondly do I need from all cities as I did live in Lahore and Karachi in the Last 10 years for more than 12 months.

·
Registered
23,891 Posts
Yes I agree, but the main thing is in the last 10 years isnt it? It woulb hard for me to get uae police clearance since I do not live there anymore and I will have to check whether I have my national ID card. Is there a chance the case officer might not ask ? I will need one from australia, pakistan and USA which is not a problem. The wording is confusing as it says the last 10 years and before 2009 should not count right?
This is what I got from the border gov website. This means I cant apply for the uae police certificate unless the DIBP requests a letter. In that case I wont be able to get it in advance and I do not know how long the time-frame is to get the UAE pcc. Lastly what happens if I can not get hold of my uae ID card ?

Applying outside the UAE:
Apply in person at a foreign mission in or nearest to your current country of residence OR apply online via the UAE’s Ministry of Interior website.

Documents required:
letter from us requesting the Certificate
two passport size photographs
copy of your current and old passport
copy of your current/former UAE ID card
copy of UAE resident permits (all held) (non-citizens)
full set of authenticated fingerprints – certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the UAE foreign mission in the country of current residence.

The probability of asking for the same is very high
Beyond that your guess is as good as mine

Cheers

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The probability of asking for the same is very high

Cheers
Thanks. Do you know how can one get police clearance from UAE. I do not live there anymore. Would it be greatly appreciated. Will my application be refused, if i tell them or showed the proof, that I tried but could not get it.

·
Registered
23,891 Posts
Thanks. Do you know how can one get police clearance from UAE. I do not live there anymore. Would it be greatly appreciated. Will my application be refused, if i tell them or showed the proof, that I tried but could not get it.
There are lot of threads describing the process for UAE police clearance.
Search and you may find it
Else start a separate thread headlining it as UAE PCC, so that it catches the members attention

I am sure someone will help you out

Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts