Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
When getting the Medicals do they ask about mental health, my husband is on meds for depression does he have to disclose that & will we still get a PR visa?

·
Registered
2,388 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for that, it was just a got caught over the limit, lost his license for a few months but got a work permit so he could drive to & from work & was fined!!
That information was very legal, do you think this situation would cause us to be declined??

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Would this also restrict us if he got offered a job & we tried to go that route! It 't been 5yrs since it happened so will we just have to wait??? :(

·
Banned
709 Posts
Yes you have to declare the meds and depression.

Yes you can be denied for DUI if it was in the last 5 years.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The DUI was in the last 5 years, you said can be denied, is there still a chance we could be approved??
Has anyone been approved with a DUI on their application???
Do we just put the application in & hope for the best & is there anything we could do to increase our chances??

·
Banned
709 Posts
The DUI was in the last 5 years, you said can be denied, is there still a chance we could be approved??
Has anyone been approved with a DUI on their application???
Do we just put the application in & hope for the best & is there anything we could do to increase our chances??
No. You will not be approved. It has to be at least 5 years since.

Google "canada criminal inadmissibility"

http://www.canadianimmigration.net/criminality-and-inadmissibility/dui-canada-entry.html
http://www.canadavisa.com/immigration-problem-criminal-inadmissibility.html
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/inadmissibility/conviction.asp

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Keep your head up, and try to look at it from the bright side: 3 extra years for you to save money! So you will be better prepared, you can learn a lot more in those 3 years, ...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, will try to see it that way, just worried the in 3 years time we won't be on 'the list' but guess will just have to wait & see :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If it didn't show up on the police cert would they still be able to find it??
Grasping at straws I know ;)

·
Banned
709 Posts
Well, the forms specifically ask you to declare such information, do you really want to get caught in a lie by immigration?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I certainly don't, that would make matters worse!

We contacted the embassy & they said we can send an email explaining the circumstance & add the court documents & they will let us know if we can proceed with the application so fingers crossed, it was a low level & a one time thing so hopefully they will look favorably on us ;)

·
Registered
140 Posts
I certainly don't, that would make matters worse!

We contacted the embassy & they said we can send an email explaining the circumstance & add the court documents & they will let us know if we can proceed with the application so fingers crossed, it was a low level & a one time thing so hopefully they will look favorably on us ;)
What was the BAC %? Waist under 0.8?

10 years before it doesn't count.
5 years you can apply to be considered rehabilitated.

I don't like your chances, in fact they are slim to nothing.

·
Registered
83 Posts
putting a downer on someones hope isn't really helping.
you need to apply for crim rehab this process can take up to a year but you might be lucky and hear bk .my hubbys only tool 6wks.dont give up there are ways to still get here but it might just take a bit longer. good luck.

·
Banned
709 Posts
you need to apply for crim rehab this process can take up to a year but you might be lucky and hear bk .my hubbys only tool 6wks.dont give up there are ways to still get here but it might just take a bit longer. good luck.
First, please use full text and punctuation, not "text speak", thanks.

Second, you can only apply for criminal rehabilitation after 5 years (unless it is for temporary entry only).

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.