Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all,
I want to apply police clearance for my wife. I got married 2 years back and my wife has maintained her earlier passport. She appeared for the IELTS also on that passport and I have also given the same passport reference in my 189 VISA application. However, when I inquired about the police clearance certificate I was told that the passport will have to be reissued first (in post marraige name & address) and then PCC will have to be applied for. This would be time consuming. Instead can I show as if she holds the same status (i.e unmarried and same address) and apply for a PCC directly considering that no details have changed?
Anyways her passport is quite recent and chances are that it will not be referred to the local police station (considering that a police inquiry was conducted very recently while issuing the passport)
Request you to advise.:confused::confused:

Regards,
Vinay

·
Registered
750 Posts
First thing, DO NOT lie in any of your documents while submitting. Is it mandatory for Oz govt. to have spouse's name or are the Indian officials claiming? The official site mentions that it's better, but NOT mandatory to have the name included Spouse Name Addition If you have enough time, just get it done to avoid further headaches. Otherwise, request the police station to provide in writing that they deem it mandatory. The police guys not be not knowledgeable or trying to make a quick buck out of this IMO.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Sunnyboi,
Thanks for your reply. I need PCC for my wife. I have applied for 189 visa in her original name and Australian Govt is fine with it. But to get the PCC the passport seva kendra executive said i compulsorily have to reissue passport of wife in new name & address. However, surprisingly I again called today and they said (the same call centre) no need. You only need to carry the new adres proof.
Two opposite opinions. Crazy these guyz are....Now I am totally confusedd...
Anyways I feel I shud play safe and get the passport reissued.
I havent submitted in false info to Australian govt. For them changing wifes surname post marraige is not a requirement. They are OK with old name.
- Vinay

1 - 3 of 3 Posts