Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

The immigration website says the below regarding police clearance.

" If you are applying for temporary or permanent migration
For the Australian Government to determine whether you are of good character, you might be asked to provide police certificates for each country you have lived in for 12 months or more, over the last 10 years (calculated immediately before the time the visa application is lodged), since turning 16 years of age. "

However i am not sure about my circumstance. Please help me.
Aug 2004 - Dec 2006 - USA
Dec 2006 - Oct 2007 - UK
My current age is 36 and I have returned to india from UK by mid oct 2007 after staying there for 9 months or so.

Do I need police clearance from UK?
Do i need police clearance from USA? as i was there more than 12 months. I am guessing No, because it was more than 10 years ago. But i am not sure.

Some of my friends told me that The current info on the website may be outdated and all Australina PR applications require police clearance from all the countries regardless of how long ago it may be.

Thanks.
Raj.

·
Registered
23,937 Posts
Hi

The immigration website says the below regarding police clearance.

" If you are applying for temporary or permanent migration
For the Australian Government to determine whether you are of good character, you might be asked to provide police certificates for each country you have lived in for 12 months or more, over the last 10 years (calculated immediately before the time the visa application is lodged), since turning 16 years of age. "

However i am not sure about my circumstance. Please help me.
Aug 2004 - Dec 2006 - USA
Dec 2006 - Oct 2007 - UK
My current age is 36 and I have returned to india from UK by mid oct 2007 after staying there for 9 months or so.

Do I need police clearance from UK?
Do i need police clearance from USA? as i was there more than 12 months. I am guessing No, because it was more than 10 years ago. But i am not sure.

Some of my friends told me that The current info on the website may be outdated and all Australina PR applications require police clearance from all the countries regardless of how long ago it may be.

Thanks.
Raj.
Did you never visit U.K. after the 7 month stint ?
Even for a short period may just to meet the clients?
If so add up all the days you spent in total and see if it reaches 12 months

Most likely you would not be asked to provide USA PCC but as it's a borderline case of just crossed 10 years, the CO may ask you to submit the same
It's the prerogative of the CO

Cheers

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I want to avoid having to get the PCC from FBI and state level as it so time consuming.
Do i have to bother even mentioning that i was in USA in my applications considering it was more than 10 years ago? Its not even evident in my new passport. My old passport has the USA VISA stamp. Unless its mandatory to submit all pages of my old passport as well.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I want to avoid having to get the PCC from FBI and state level as it so time consuming.
Do i have to bother even mentioning that i was in USA in my applications considering it was more than 10 years ago? Its not even evident in my new passport. My old passport has the USA VISA stamp. Unless its mandatory to submit all pages of my old passport as well.

In Form 80, you would be asked to give all details. I guess getting hold of a USA PCC would be the best thing, considering the amount of time it takes to obtain one..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts