Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All

I lived in Sydney Australia during my Studies for 5 years.

I may need to know the procedure to apply for the Police Clearance for Australia.

Thank you
Mohammed Jaweed

·
Registered
23,949 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How do I obtain a police certificate?

For instructions on obtaining a certificate from an overseas government or law enforcement authority, refer to the relevant country information.
If you are required to provide an Australian police clearance certificate because you have spent more than 12 months in Australia within the last 10 years, you must complete the Australian Federal Police (AFP) National Police Check application form which is available from the AFP website:
AFP National Police Checks
You should use Code 33 at Question 1 on the form and include details of any, and all, names you have been known by.
If an AFP certificate is provided based on incorrect information, we might request another certificate. State and Territory issued police certificates are not accepted.

Note: Fingerprints are not required for AFP National Police Checks.

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Char

·
Registered
23,949 Posts
How do I obtain a police certificate?

For instructions on obtaining a certificate from an overseas government or law enforcement authority, refer to the relevant country information.
If you are required to provide an Australian police clearance certificate because you have spent more than 12 months in Australia within the last 10 years, you must complete the Australian Federal Police (AFP) National Police Check application form which is available from the AFP website:
AFP National Police Checks
You should use Code 33 at Question 1 on the form and include details of any, and all, names you have been known by.
If an AFP certificate is provided based on incorrect information, we might request another certificate. State and Territory issued police certificates are not accepted.

Note: Fingerprints are not required for AFP National Police Checks.

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Char
Are you informing other members of the process or asking a question?

Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts