Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To the forum members

I have been told by DAIC to proceed with my Medicals & PCC. My question is that I am currently living in malaysia and I need to go to India High Commission to apply for PCC. The websites of India High Comm says that it would take 4 weeks to issue PCC. Does DAIC wait until 4 weeks, as what I understand from DAIC site is that the time given for medicals and PCC is around 35 days. I would appreciate some helpful comments and how to go about it.

Cheers.
Sudhesh

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Yes, DIAC will wait, what you must do is within the 35 days show that you applied for a PCC (and that can be the receipt the Indian High Commision gives you).

To the forum members

I have been told by DAIC to proceed with my Medicals & PCC. My question is that I am currently living in malaysia and I need to go to India High Commission to apply for PCC. The websites of India High Comm says that it would take 4 weeks to issue PCC. Does DAIC wait until 4 weeks, as what I understand from DAIC site is that the time given for medicals and PCC is around 35 days. I would appreciate some helpful comments and how to go about it.

Cheers.
Sudhesh

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Hi Sudhesh,

You cant do much if they take 4 weeks or 8 weeks. When you apply for PCC, they give you an acknowledgment receipt. Scan it and mail it to the CO. Tell them the turnaround time is 4 weeks, and that you will mail them the document as soon as you get it. they do give an extension.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Sudhesh,

You cant do much if they take 4 weeks or 8 weeks. When you apply for PCC, they give you an acknowledgment receipt. Scan it and mail it to the CO. Tell them the turnaround time is 4 weeks, and that you will mail them the document as soon as you get it. they do give an extension.
Fortunately I just heard that since my passport was issued by high commission in malaysia. my turnaround time is just 1 day and my family's is 4 weeks. Does that mean our processing time would be long considering these 4 weeks?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts