Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Police Clearance Certificate.

Hello All,

I have received the invite for Visa 189 and in process to apply for it. But before I do that there is a problem that I am facing and trying to get a resolution here.

I was accused for a criminal offense (Fight in Public place) in the year 2007. This case went to judicial court and the judge after numerous hearing acquitted me and my friends from the charge in Feb 2011. The judgement letter clearly states that the case is closed due to settlement between both the parties. This was the only thing that I had on me apart from this everything else is clear. So my questions are as follows,

1. I have applied for PCC through the passport office and also provided them the judgement copy for reference. Will they be able to issue me a clear PCC if nothing else exists?

2. I was never convicted of any crime. Will this create any problem for applying or getting grant of Visa?

3. In PCC do they only do background checks for criminal or also check financial thing also? I mean what if I had defaulted on paying CC bills and then settled them later.

Your reply is appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Police Clearance Certificate.

Hello All,

I have received the invite for Visa 189 and in process to apply for it. But before I do that there is a problem that I am facing and trying to get a resolution here.

I was accused for a criminal offense (Fight in Public place) in the year 2007. This case went to judicial court and the judge after numerous hearing acquitted me and my friends from the charge in Feb 2011. The judgement letter clearly states that the case is closed due to settlement between both the parties. This was the only thing that I had on me apart from this everything else is clear. So my questions are as follows,

1. I have applied for PCC through the passport office and also provided them the judgement copy for reference. Will they be able to issue me a clear PCC if nothing else exists?

2. I was never convicted of any crime. Will this create any problem for applying or getting grant of Visa?

3. In PCC do they only do background checks for criminal or also check financial thing also? I mean what if I had defaulted on paying CC bills and then settled them later.

Your reply is appreciated.

Thanks
Any help on this is much appreciated.

·
Registered
338 Posts
So, this happened in Australia? As far as I know it should not appear on your PCC if you were not convicted.
If it's from any other country, ask in the specific forum.

I was never convicted of any crime. Will this create any problem for applying or getting grant of Visa?
No problem, conviction is not a requirement any more.

In PCC do they only do background checks for criminal or also check financial thing also? I mean what if I had defaulted on paying CC bills and then settled them later.
Again, depends on the country. In Australia, this will have no effect on the PCC as long as you don't get convicted.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So, this happened in Australia? As far as I know it should not appear on your PCC if you were not convicted.
If it's from any other country, ask in the specific forum.

No problem, conviction is not a requirement any more.

Again, depends on the country. In Australia, this will have no effect on the PCC as long as you don't get convicted.
Thank you so much for the response. One last thing, does DIAC do a separate character check or rely on the PCC provided by the Police?

Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts