Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
wondering if any fellow canadians can offer any advice on how they obtained their police check from overseas? I'm getting a lot of conflicting information and some said up to 6 months wait?? can anyone shed some light on this?
thanks in advance !

·
Super Moderator
3,447 Posts
Hi all, wondering if any fellow canadians can offer any advice on how they obtained their police check from overseas? I'm getting a lot of conflicting information and some said up to 6 months wait?? can anyone shed some light on this? thanks in advance !
Use an online service like fingerscan.ca. You need to get fingerprinted then send them to this company. They'll digitise the prints and send them electronically to the RCMP. Then they'll send you the police certificate by post. Or you can have the results sent to a Canadian address or fingerscan.ca to scan in for you. Takes about 3-4 weeks all up.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Use an online service like fingerscan.ca. You need to get fingerprinted then send them to this company. They'll digitise the prints and send them electronically to the RCMP. Then they'll send you the police certificate by post. Or you can have the results sent to a Canadian address or fingerscan.ca to scan in for you. Takes about 3-4 weeks all up.
great thanks so much ! theres a lot of those websites and a lot of them look really scammy so i wasn't sure if a third party was a reliable way to get the prints to the rcmp ! thanks again. :)

·
Super Moderator
3,447 Posts
great thanks so much ! theres a lot of those websites and a lot of them look really scammy so i wasn't sure if a third party was a reliable way to get the prints to the rcmp ! thanks again. :)
Unfortunately using a third party company is the only way to get the police check done overseas since the RCMP only accepts digital fingerprints now. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts