Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Police chase Marbella, frontal collision accident caught on video

Two British men are now in police custody following a dramatic car chase along the Golden Mile last night. A group of British men had been partying at the famous Champagne spray at the Ocean Club in Puerto Banus. They were asked to leave the venue after a fight. The six men, who have all been described as drunk by witnesses, got into a black Audi Q6 and drove into a group of pedestrians. .

·
Registered
8,421 Posts
I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, but an awful lot of commentators on this story on the DM website are making out that it's suspicious that the identify and photograph of the driver hasn't been published (when that would be contrary to Spanish law), therefore he musn't be "really" British, and trying to link it to jihadi terrorism. Cretins.

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, but an awful lot of commentators on this story on the DM website are making out that it's suspicious that the identify and photograph of the driver hasn't been published (when that would be contrary to Spanish law), therefore he musn't be "really" British, and trying to link it to jihadi terrorism. Cretins.
Yeah, those jihadists really can't hold their drink can they ! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
19,467 Posts
My Goodness, that's brutal footage.
BTW Lynn, it might be against the law to identify possible criminals before arrest/ trial whatever but I think that in more than 90% of media stories people are indeed identified. OH and I are always commenting on it when watching the news

·
Registered
8,421 Posts
My Goodness, that's brutal footage.
BTW Lynn, it might be against the law to identify possible criminals before arrest/ trial whatever but I think that in more than 90% of media stories people are indeed identified. OH and I are always commenting on it when watching the news
Whenever I read stories of arrests in the press, only the initials, ages and nationality (and sometimes the town where they live) are printed. It seems to be the same whatever the seriousness of the crime, whether it's a burglary or murder.

Like this one (although the detainee's first name is published, followed by initials) - in case like that in the UK, his photos, life story and comments from just about everybody who had the slightest acquaintance with him would have been all over the papers.

http://www.diariosur.es/sociedad/201705/08/prision-para-hombre-acusado-20170508162729-rc.html

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.