Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have got positive skills assessment result from ACS and also have a satisfactory IELTS result where I scored 7.0 in each band. I my self can score 60 that is required for Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189).

Now I have few questions:
1. I am going to apply for PR to Australia from my homeland. Do I still need a police certificate to apply from my own country?
2. Do I need to proof that my spouse has English Skills although I myself scores 60? Does she need IELTS?

I appreciate your helps.

Regards,
Mohin

·
Registered
905 Posts
Hi,
I have got positive skills assessment result from ACS and also have a satisfactory IELTS result where I scored 7.0 in each band. I my self can score 60 that is required for Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189).

Now I have few questions:
1. I am going to apply for PR to Australia from my homeland. Do I still need a police certificate to apply from my own country?
2. Do I need to proof that my spouse has English Skills although I myself scores 60? Does she need IELTS?

I appreciate your helps.

Regards,
Mohin
1. Yes, you will need PCC from your country. Also, if your stayed outside your country for more than 12 months then you need to get PCC from that country also.

2. You will require a proof of English skill for your wife also. If she has done her graduation, you can get a letter from university mentioning that she has done education in English medium. If not she has to give IELTS and score 4.5+ in all bands.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rantesh

1. Yes, you will need PCC from your country. Also, if your stayed outside your country for more than 12 months then you need to get PCC from that country also.

2. You will require a proof of English skill for your wife also. If she has done her graduation, you can get a letter from university mentioning that she has done education in English medium. If not she has to give IELTS and score 4.5+ in all bands.
Thanks a lot for your quick reply.
A bit more help please:
Does she need the IELTS before I write EOI?
Or
I will have to submit it when I send my application after receiving invitation?

Thanks in advance,
Mohin

·
Registered
628 Posts
Thanks a lot for your quick reply.
A bit more help please:
Does she need the IELTS before I write EOI?
Or
I will have to submit it when I send my application after receiving invitation?

Thanks in advance,
Mohin
This should not matter as you are not claiming any points for it. She can write IELTS after receiving invitation so that her IELTS scores can be declared while filing the visa application.
But earlier the better.

Amit

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Amit

This should not matter as you are not claiming any points for it. She can write IELTS after receiving invitation so that her IELTS scores can be declared while filing the visa application.
But earlier the better.

Amit
Hi Amit,
Thanks a lot for your help.
I see Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189) is saying that the minimum points for this visa is 60.
I see that I can have exactly 60 points. Do you think it is enough or higher than that brings more possibility of getting the visa. Any I am working as a Software Engineer and I claimed for 5 years and 9 months to ACS. After deducting 2 years, is it 3 years and 9 months that I can claim.

Regards,
Mohin

·
Registered
628 Posts
Hi Amit,
Thanks a lot for your help.
I see Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189) is saying that the minimum points for this visa is 60.
I see that I can have exactly 60 points. Do you think it is enough or higher than that brings more possibility of getting the visa. Any I am working as a Software Engineer and I claimed for 5 years and 9 months to ACS. After deducting 2 years, is it 3 years and 9 months that I can claim.

Regards,
Mohin
With more points you have higher chance of getting invitation quickly. 60 points is cut off and all applicants needs to score this to be eligible for a valid invitation. You can claim experience points for the number of years awarded by ACS after skill assessment. I had 65 points after submitting the EOI and got the invitation in the next round but many 60 pointers have to wait for couple of invitation rounds to be invited.

Amit

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Amit

With more points you have higher chance of getting invitation quickly. 60 points is cut off and all applicants needs to score this to be eligible for a valid invitation. You can claim experience points for the number of years awarded by ACS after skill assessment. I had 65 points after submitting the EOI and got the invitation in the next round but many 60 pointers have to wait for couple of invitation rounds to be invited.

Amit
Awesome reply. Just one curiosity. Do I need to collect PCC (Police Clearance Certificate) for both me and my spouse? If I collect it now and I apply after 6 months, does that work? Is there any time frame for the PCC?

Thanks a lot.
Mohin

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hi Mohin,

the PCC and medicals are only valid for a year. If you collect the PCCs now and apply after 6 months that could mean that they expire before your visa is granted - and you'd have to get new ones. I'm not sure if applicants from Bangladesh also have to face long external security checks. If yes, I'd definitely wait for the case officer to request the PCCs.

You also must make your visa validation trip before the PCC and medicals expire, so even if you get the grant in time that could yield to a very tight time frame during which you have to travel to Australia. You should consider this in your decision.

Cheers,
Monika

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Monika

Hi Mohin,

the PCC and medicals are only valid for a year. If you collect the PCCs now and apply after 6 months that could mean that they expire before your visa is granted - and you'd have to get new ones. I'm not sure if applicants from Bangladesh also have to face long external security checks. If yes, I'd definitely wait for the case officer to request the PCCs.

You also must make your visa validation trip before the PCC and medicals expire, so even if you get the grant in time that could yield to a very tight time frame during which you have to travel to Australia. You should consider this in your decision.

Cheers,
Monika
Hi Monika,
That really helps me a lot.
So, I will wait untill the case officer requests for it. That is the best option.
Thanks a lot again.

Regards,
mohin

·
Registered
905 Posts
Awesome reply. Just one curiosity. Do I need to collect PCC (Police Clearance Certificate) for both me and my spouse? If I collect it now and I apply after 6 months, does that work? Is there any time frame for the PCC?

Thanks a lot.
Mohin
Yes, PCC is required for both primary and secondary applicant. Medicals too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts