Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again

1 - Is it necessary to provide a Police Certificate for a Fiance Visa Application? I searched online and found many brazilians fiances like me) providing it.

2 – I’ve been living in Portugal for the last 1.5, do I have to provide the Police Certificate Issued by Portuguese Authorities?
3 – Can my Brazilian Certificate be legalised by Brazilian Consulate in Portugal or only in London? If issued in Brazil I’d have to take it to MRE to be certified and then to the UK Consulate, but in Portugal the UK Consulate doesn’t provide this service.

P.S. I have no conviction in any country, but got a bit amused when spotted in many Brazilian blogs, Fiancé Visa applicants listing the Police Certificate as a mandatory document.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
#1 Not required. But you need to disclose any criminal convictions, no matter how old or minor.
#2 No.
#3 Not applicable.
Don't read any other blogs with wrong information!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi
Thanks Joppa.
I am getting really confused so much information!

Regarding other supporting documents issued by Brazilian Authorities (birth certificate, Bachelor Degree Diploma...), is it only necessary to have a Certified Translation or I need to legalise them and then translate?? Brazil is not signatory of the Apostille Convention/Apostille Treaty, all documents issued needs to be legalised (certified for legal purposes) to be used in the UK. And to do it I need to go back to Brazil!

Do you know anything about it?

Cheers!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.