Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have six years of experience as a graphic design instructor from 1995 to 2001.
My migration agent says that my experience from 1999 to 2001 will only be considered because I applied in 2009.
I want to know if its true.
In that case my points regarding job experience will go down considerably.

In IELTS I got 6.5 in Listening. Though I expected at least 7.5 in it.
So my proficiency in English has 14 points instead of 16. Should I go for re-evaluation?

I am quite concerned. Don't know what to do. Can you guys help?
Will appreciate your effort.

Thanks in advance
Samdubai

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
The information your agent gave you, is correct:

2. If your application is eligible for processing, you must also meet the following minimum requirements to qualify as a skilled worker:

you have at least one year of continuous full-time paid work experience or the equivalent in part-time continuous employment, AND
your work experience must be Skill Type 0 (managerial occupations) or Skill Level A (professional occupations) or B (technical occupations and skilled trades) on the Canadian National Occupational Classification list, AND
you must have had this experience within the last 10 years.
Immigrating to Canada: Skilled workers and professionals - Who can apply

Re-evaluation: I know af few people who paid for that, but none of them got more points. So maybe you beter start studying again. Pay a few dollars for this site: IELTS Practice Course, IELTS Sample Tests, IELTS Study :: Welcome to Scott's English Success! That's af very good preparation!
And maybe you can listen to audiobooks during your free time (or the BBC news).
Your other testresults were ok?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The information your agent gave you, is correct:

Immigrating to Canada: Skilled workers and professionals - Who can apply

Re-evaluation: I know af few people who paid for that, but none of them got more points. So maybe you beter start studying again. Pay a few dollars for this site: IELTS Practice Course, IELTS Sample Tests, IELTS Study :: Welcome to Scott's English Success! That's af very good preparation!
And maybe you can listen to audiobooks during your free time (or the BBC news).
Your other testresults were ok?
Thanks for the reply. The problem is that I don't have time to appear for any more IELTS exam as my deadline to submit the result is 5th of October. I guess nothing much can be done now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.