Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Forum Members,
Just wanted some advice on claiming points. If have a positive skills assessment and my total points are 80 =70+10 for work exp. Then can i avoid claiming points for work experience n still get invited. Do i not mention exp at all or mark as not relevant? Also then at the stage of visa application, will i hv to compulsarily mention wrk ex n provide docs to CO or visa can be granted without showing work ex. Kinly help experts.......

·
Registered
476 Posts
Hello Forum Members,
Just wanted some advice on claiming points. If have a positive skills assessment and my total points are 80 =70+10 for work exp. Then can i avoid claiming points for work experience n still get invited. Do i not mention exp at all or mark as not relevant? Also then at the stage of visa application, will i hv to compulsarily mention wrk ex n provide docs to CO or visa can be granted without showing work ex. Kinly help experts.......
you have to mark as not relevant. And also you are pretty safe since you have 70 point even excluding work exp. so there are no issue for mark them as not relevant.

you can upload your work experiences document for CO also but CO never look deeply on them because they already know that you are not claiming points for work exp. perhaps they may not ask about them even you are not upload them .

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hi vj118,

as ccham suggested, ticking "not relevant" is fine if you don't want to claim points for work experience. If you want, you can upload a one-page cover sheet, explaining that you were unable to get proof of salary for all work periods, so you consciously decided not to claim points for it.

There is no requirement for work experience as long as you have 60 points or more.

Cheers,
Monika

·
Banned
1,236 Posts
I am in the same position, I can't claim any work points due to new ACS policy. So I am not uploading anything related to work, but I eventually may upload a single PDF containing my Reference Letters that I submitted to ACS, you may do the same, BTW not uploading anything shouldn't be a problem anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts