Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friends..for one last time please calculate my points.
for last 1 week I'm scratching my head for conclusion.

Age : 39 (will be 40 after october1st..so will lose 10 points) - 25 points
English : 7.5 -10 points
Education: Bcom + MBA (Non ICT) -xx points
Vendor Certifications: need 1 more certification for MCSD -xx points
Experience as Software Developer- 11 yrs -xx points

Experienced ones, please fill the xx
I understand that I meed 25 in the last 3 sections for 189 visa.
Depending on need I can get the remaining cert for MCSD.
:noidea::noidea::noidea:

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Age (as of now) = 25 points

English (hope you have 7+ in all modules. You do know that the overall score is irrelevant for immigration) = 10 points

Education (Non-ICT) = 0 points

Education- certifications- if assessed to equate to AQF Bachelors = 15 points. Your assessment letter will state if they have assessed your MCSD as equivalent to AQF Bachelors or associate or something else, or not assessed at all. Hopefully, you get AQF Bachelors equivalent = 15 points

Experience = 10 - 2 years = 15 points. Again- this depends on your assessment outcome. I am assuming 2 years deduction. Based on your actual assessment result, these points might vary.

So, under best conditions (i.e. your MCSD qualifications fetching AQF Bachelors and your experience deduction of only 2 years), your total points at this point in time stand at 65

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks KeeDa..

So without MCSD they will deduct 6 yrs from my experience and evaluate my degree to bachelors and will they give me 15 points? and remaining 5 yrs of experience will get 10 points..right?

In that case my total points will be 60..

Did I miss anything??

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
No, ACS is not in a position to assess your BCom (Non-IT) degree and with just ACS assessment you will not be able to claim points for that degree. I am not sure which assessing authority can assess BCom. You will have to search these forums to know about that.

I also suggest you download and study Skills-Assessment-Guidelines-for-Applicants.pdf from ACS website. Page#4 says that a non-ICT degree will take away 6 years of your work experience and will need an RPL application.

·
Registered
96 Posts
No, ACS is not in a position to assess your BCom (Non-IT) degree and with just ACS assessment you will not be able to claim points for that degree. I am not sure which assessing authority can assess BCom. You will have to search these forums to know about that.

I also suggest you download and study Skills-Assessment-Guidelines-for-Applicants.pdf from ACS website. Page#4 says that a non-ICT degree will take away 6 years of your work experience and will need an RPL application.
Hi Keeda,

Yes, you are right on target. I have one question.

What if a person have MS-IT (1.5 years duration) and a computer diplomat of 1 year after B-Com. Assume all the work experience after these qualifications.

Any idea that how much points will the person get for qualification?

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
They will assess the MS-IT as well as your diploma. How many points depends on how these degrees are assessed as (whether Major or Minor), and that in turn depends on the ICT content in those courses. Ref. Skills-Assessment-Guidelines-for-Applicants.pdf

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts