Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am a Computer Engineer. My score on CRS points table is 390 without educational assessment.

Should I submit my EOI for Ontario? Can I get selected?

Are there any points for WES assessment? If so how many points they give for Masters degree recognised by HEC?

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
You will need to get your education equivalence through WES. Your present score 390, is insufficient at present. Getting your WES done may well elevate you into the right zone.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You will need to get your education equivalence through WES. Your present score 390, is insufficient at present. Getting your WES done may well elevate you into the right zone.
What do you mean that WES evaluation will elevate score ?? Currently I have considered myself Masters in CRS table. Will I get extra points after doing the WES evaluation ?

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Be aware that your Pakistan degree(s)/education is regarded as inferior to the equivalent in Canada. For a proper point score you require to have it assessed as if a Canadian education/degree. Given as you've CRS scored as a Masters it is likely your score will drop.

·
Super Moderator
5,184 Posts
It doesn't matter if your qualifications are recognised by HEC or not... HEC recognition means nothing outside of Pakistan and India (and perhaps Sri Lanka) and if the ECA assessors (who are appointed by the government of Canada) deem that your education is not equivalent to a similar degree in Canada, then the Government of Canada does not deem them to be equal and you cannot access the points associated with a Canadian Bachelors/Masters/PhD etc.

Reactions: Auld Yin
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.