Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am to taking the PTE-A test for the Australian PR under Software Engineer code. Should my partner take the test as well? She is a a teacher with MA in English. If she scores more points in the english test than me, will her points be considered instead of mine or is it the primary applicant's english test result will be considered?

Thanks,
Deepak

·
Registered
292 Posts
Hi all,

I am to taking the PTE-A test for the Australian PR under Software Engineer code. Should my partner take the test as well? She is a a teacher with MA in English. If she scores more points in the english test than me, will her points be considered instead of mine or is it the primary applicant's english test result will be considered?

Thanks,

Deepak

If you are the primary applicant then only you can get points for language. However you can always get points for partner's age, language and skills assessment done all together. Check DIBP website. Also it's mandatory for your partner to have competent English at least. So yes a test for her too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23,894 Posts
Hi all,

Thanks,
Deepak
Unless you are planning to claim partner 5 points, there will be no need for her to take the English test
She can prove functional English with her college degree

Her English score cannot be used by you

Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts