Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I got my ACS assessment letter in May 2014 and they have considered my experience after Jan 2010 as qualified for ANZSCO 261313 which gives me only 5 points (4 years) for employment. In Jan 2015, I completed 5 years after the graduation but my current employment has not been assessed which gives me 1 year more.

My question is, Will DIAC consider my current employment (if they do so I will get 10 points instead of 5) which has not been assessed or should I get re-assessed my experience with the current employment before submitting EOI ?

Still I have not lodged EOI. Please advise.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
If you are still with the same employer and in the same role as the last job that was assessed by ACS, then it should be sufficient to get an updated reference letter and submit the EOI with a 10 points claim for employment. If you switched jobs and/or roles, it would be much safer to get re-assessed by ACS.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi espresso,

I switched the job the while skills are being assessed. So, I think it's better to get re-assessed as you suggested.

And, do you think that DIAC will make rules more strict for software engineers in coming July ?

Thanks a lot

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi everyone,

I have gained additional experience after my ACS skill assessment. This additional experience gives me a boost of 5 points.
I wrote to ACS asking if I can simply add this additional experience in my EOI. They refused advising me to go through latest ACS skill assessment.

I have read at several places that it is ok to claim additional experience in EOI without going through skill assessment again.

Is there anyone, who has claimed additional experience without going through another ACS skill assessment and got the visa grant?

Thanks,
Alpha

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi everyone,

I have gained additional experience after my ACS skill assessment. This additional experience gives me a boost of 5 points.
I wrote to ACS asking if I can simply add this additional experience in my EOI. They refused advising me to go through latest ACS skill assessment.

I have read at several places that it is ok to claim additional experience in EOI without going through skill assessment again.

Is there anyone, who has claimed additional experience without going through another ACS skill assessment and got the visa grant?

Thanks,
Alpha
Better to get it re-assessed it will not take much time. I was in the same situation and got it asses again though I had to pay the same fee again. It's worth get done rather than taking a risk. I have got my grant recently

Reactions: itsme121ab
1 - 5 of 5 Posts