Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I graduated in 2014, and by August 2017, I would have a total of 3 years of work experience. Can I claim 5 points for "overseas work experience" if my occupation matches the job nomination?

I was told that the ACS reduces 2 years, so technically, I should be having 5 years of overseas experience to get 5 points for that category, thus pushing this timeline to 2020.

Can you please clarify on this? Thank you!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hi,

I graduated in 2014, and by August 2017, I would have a total of 3 years of work experience. Can I claim 5 points for "overseas work experience" if my occupation matches the job nomination?

I was told that the ACS reduces 2 years, so technically, I should be having 5 years of overseas experience to get 5 points for that category, thus pushing this timeline to 2020.

Yes. If your occupation code matches with your work experience, 2 years of your work experience is most likely to be deducted.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Hi,

You have 3 years of unassessed work exp of which most likely 2 years will be deducted. So, as of 2017, you will have 1 year of work exp now.

You shouldn't be thinking 2020 cos no one knows if Aus migration will still be same 6 months from now on, let alone 3 years from today. So many things could change (your occupation could be removed) and cut-off points can jump by 5-10 points and thereby making your 5 points obsolete. Everything should be done now not 3 years from today and also apply asap since DOE matters so much today for all the pro rata occupations.

Thanks, will this hamper my job search at Australia? That I am technically 3 years experienced, but ACS is showing it as 1 year?
Migration and job are two totally separate things. Aus companies are not going to ask you to submit ACS letter as they care about your degree + experience not what ACS assessed.

ACS Letter is for migration only.

This will help: http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...-190-sol-csol-what-1st-thing-i-should-do.html

Reactions: abhisheksha
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.