Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im new to this forum,I have a question regarding total points and claiming bonus point for NZ skilled migration visa.

a)My Qualification -
Bachelors of science in applied technology (Computer technology) -regular stream completed year 2000
Master of science in Information Technology-correspondence education completed year 2010 - Both awarded from university of Madras, Chennai,India

b)Experience
i am working in MNC as a Systems Administrator - 10 + years (strared my career year 2004)

c)Age

I checked New Zealand website : My qualifications and work experience are in an area of Long term skills shortage list

Qualifications
A) Have a recognized qualification? (level 7 or 8) -50 Points

b) Number of years of relevant work experience (India) - 30 Points

C) Current age - 25 points

D) Partner having recognized qualification Bachelors/Master of science in Computer Technology and working as Senior software Engineer(India) - 20 points

Total Points comes 125 without including bonus points. Now how much bonus points i can get above mentioned criteria. Shall i go and file EOI or need to evaluate my qualification and experience with NZQA
Please help me to understand!!

·
Super Moderator
4,929 Posts
Im new to this forum,I have a question regarding total points and claiming bonus point for NZ skilled migration visa.

a)My Qualification -
Bachelors of science in applied technology (Computer technology) -regular stream completed year 2000
Master of science in Information Technology-correspondence education completed year 2010 - Both awarded from university of Madras, Chennai,India

b)Experience
i am working in MNC as a Systems Administrator - 10 + years (strared my career year 2004)

c)Age

I checked New Zealand website : My qualifications and work experience are in an area of Long term skills shortage list

Qualifications
A) Have a recognized qualification? (level 7 or 8) -50 Points

b) Number of years of relevant work experience (India) - 30 Points

C) Current age - 25 points

D) Partner having recognized qualification Bachelors/Master of science in Computer Technology and working as Senior software Engineer(India) - 20 points

Total Points comes 125 without including bonus points. Now how much bonus points i can get above mentioned criteria. Shall i go and file EOI or need to evaluate my qualification and experience with NZQA
Please help me to understand!!
You first need to establish whether or not your qualification and your partners qualification needs assessment or they are exempt from assessment. You need to check on the exemption list for your country.
If the qualifications are already exempt then you can claim the points stated for them.
If they aren't exempt then you cannot have the points you quote. You must have assessment by NZQA first and await the outcome to establish what equivalent level your qualifications achieve.

If you can claim Level 7 for your qualification you may be able to get up to 25 extra points in the area of absolute skill shortage if you meet the requirements of an occupation off the LTSSL. In this case you must meet the requirements of the chosen occupation exactly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for clarification
Thanks for your information.

Im planning to assess qualification and experience through NZQA to claim points . Will NZQA verify both educational qualification and Work experience

I want to verify in below order

1.Master Of Science in Information Technology
2.Bachelor of science in applied science computer technology

Work Experience
1.Cisco WebEx Communication worked as Junoir Systems Administrator - Dec 2005 to Aug 2006
2.Wipro Technologies worked as Systems Administrator -Sep 2006 to Oct 2007
3.Verizon worked as Technical Lead Systems Administrator - Nov 2007 to Current Date

Is it possible NZQA will assess in above order for claiming bonus point.

Your help is appreciated

·
Super Moderator
4,929 Posts
Thanks for clarification
Thanks for your information.

Im planning to assess qualification and experience through NZQA to claim points . Will NZQA verify both educational qualification and Work experience

I want to verify in below order

1.Master Of Science in Information Technology
2.Bachelor of science in applied science computer technology

Work Experience
1.Cisco WebEx Communication worked as Junoir Systems Administrator - Dec 2005 to Aug 2006
2.Wipro Technologies worked as Systems Administrator -Sep 2006 to Oct 2007
3.Verizon worked as Technical Lead Systems Administrator - Nov 2007 to Current Date

Is it possible NZQA will assess in above order for claiming bonus point.

Your help is appreciated
No nzqa only assess qualifications. They do not assess experience. That is up to Immigration using the evidence you provide after ITA assuming you get that far, but you will need to submit your work experience evidence to nzqa for iqa assessment of your qualifications.

If you assess by PAR first you will need to apply twice as it is one qualification per application.
If or when you have IQA you can have up to 4 qualifications assessed per individual.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts