Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My situation at the moment. Trade Skill Assessment.

I’m about to bind and have my Skills Assessment Document certified after 6 weeks of substantial info gathering. I’m also looking for maximum points in my “Points Advice” and therefore I have included 10 years work history in the one document.

Victoria University is my assessment body of choice. Therefore I will post them my Skills Assessment Document for assessment. They will also receive my 10 year work history even though they have recently ceased assessing Points Advice. This will take 8 weeks including posting. (Fingers crossed)

Assuming I receive a positive out come from VU I will then need to post an additional copy of my Skills Assessment to Trades Recognition Australia (TRA) for Points Advice assessment.

I’ve been informed by TRA that the waiting time for Points Advice could be longer than 2 months as there is a back log.

VU have stated that they will not forward my Skills Assessment Document to TRA.

I’m not keen on sending my Skills Assessment document online as it has reached book status with the material I’m submitting.

To reaffirm, due to recent changes TRA is the only body that assesses Points Advice.

Would anyone like to comment or make suggestions.

Charlie

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Charlie, Submitted to the TRA for assessment at Xmas...still no word... :(
This is not good. By that rate I probably be lucking to lodge a visa in the autumn and it could well be late 2013 before a visa is granted. Seriously thinking of jacking it before I i make the any financial commentment. In no financial position to take hits and there are too many stumbling blocks i need to cross. Getting skills assessment doc. certified tomorrow.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The system is changing on July 1st:
check the site immi.gov.au You should look into this more...as far as I know after July 1st you register your interest and wait for them to contact you...however there is no gaurantee that they ever will....

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Walshie
Can i ask if you had to physcially send another copy of your skills assessment with 10 years work experience to TRA for points advice, after you got a positive skills assessment, or did the skills assessment body (Vetassess or VC) forward the document to TRA?

I am banking on a 176 vias form Western Australia post immigration changes. I'm hoping to get a good out come on my assessment to put me well up on the pile.

·
Registered
8 Posts
TRA is the assesment body...I sent references, exam scripts, copy of degree etc. I am waiting on an outcome still so i can proceed to apply to WA for state sponsorship and then Visa app...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Still waiting ...........................
Walshie do you now expect to enter the "Skill Select" programme considering you havn't had a reply from TRA on your Points Advice? What are your thaughts at the moment appart from been serverly pi**** off?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Good news finally arrived last Thursday!!! Thankfully I was approved for the skills assesment...
We submitted our WA state sponsorship application straight away and got approval for that yesterday ..seriously quick....The ball is finally rolling....
Submitting the visa app today...
A previous update from the TRA had siad that they were aiming to have all apps submitted before April processed by 30th of June....hope you get some good news soon :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good news finally arrived last Thursday!!! Thankfully I was approved for the skills assesment...
We submitted our WA state sponsorship application straight away and got approval for that yesterday ..seriously quick....The ball is finally rolling....
Submitting the visa app today...
A previous update from the TRA had siad that they were aiming to have all apps submitted before April processed by 30th of June....hope you get some good news soon :)
Well done Walshie. You needed and deserve that news. The length of time it took for points advice was substantial in my view but getting in before that June or July deadline makes it all worth while.

Without a doubt I'm looking at the Skill Select system as VC is still processing my Skills Assessment. Then I'm looking for 20 points on IELTS but would like to get my Skills Assessment before I commence with this stage. I intend to inquire about points advice during my skills assessment and take it from there.

Once again congrats Walshie.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.