Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After some trawling through the posts on PO Boxes on the forum I am a little wiser on how the postal system works here in Dubai, but - I have one question which I couldn't find the answer to (apologies if it has been covered....).

Do I need to have a work/residents visa before I can set up a PO Box?

Currently here on a visit visa looking for work (so hopefully it won't be long....).

Thanks
GW

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Yes you do. Also, I think there is currently a shortage of POBs in Dubai. Someone was posting about this a while ago. Most people use their company's POB to receive mail.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes you do. Also, I think there is currently a shortage of POBs in Dubai. Someone was posting about this a while ago. Most people use their company's POB to receive mail.
Thanks. I figured as much...
The companies I've worked for in the UK have all had policies against having personal mail directed to the office/corporate PO Box so I didn't even consider that an option.....just need to get a job now!! :)

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Yes you do. Also, I think there is currently a shortage of POBs in Dubai.
Which is just insane. How long does it take it put up one of those mailbox kiosks? Plus how is Al Barsha and Discovery Gardens the closest areas to the Marina that have boxes (that I was told about). No one thought, hmm we are building a huge residential area, maybe we should put in some mailboxes.

Someone was posting about this a while ago. Most people use their company's POB to receive mail.
The only problem with this, is that if for any reason you change jobs you have to change your mailing info for everything, which is a pain (personal experience).

·
Registered
845 Posts
one of the advantages to living in an Emaar building is that they built PO boxes! so we actually have our own. i don't think any other developer did this though.

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Which is just insane. How long does it take it put up one of those mailbox kiosks? Plus how is Al Barsha and Discovery Gardens the closest areas to the Marina that have boxes (that I was told about). No one thought, hmm we are building a huge residential area, maybe we should put in some mailboxes. The only problem with this, is that if for any reason you change jobs you have to change your mailing info for everything, which is a pain (personal experience).
Which is why I went out a few years ago and got my own :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts