Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello

I have submitted by express entry profile with a quite low score (348) which seems to have no chance to seeing the light of invite at this moment :)

However, while creating the EOI i had selected all the states and territories.

a) Will this ensure that my profile will get automatically picked up for PnP?
b) I am almost 36 years of age now. In your experience will this play any positive/negative role during PnP?
c) i am trying to search for relevant jobs via job bank postings and then attempting to call employers as well. I hope this is OK?

Please share your inputs so that i have better clarity around this. Many thanks & apologies for the naive questions.

·
Super Moderator
5,184 Posts
No, as there are no "States" in Canada, only "Provinces" - Australia, India, and the "United States" have 'states.'

Please get this basic fact correct or else you stand to upset/annoy people in Canada - your lack of basic knowledge of the country would tend to make you look like you are only interested in finding a way out of your home country and not truly interested in being in Canada.

1) It probably will, but are you sure that you would be willing to live in The Arctic if you were to receive a PNP from Nunavut or the Northwest Territory? Do you realise just how isolated it is up there or how cold it gets in the winter or just how EXPENSIVE it is to buy groceries?

What about Quebec? Are you prepared to speak French and conduct business in French? Are you prepared to have your children go to a French language school? English is spoken in that province and you may be lucky enough to find a job in an environment where everyone speaks English but outside of that environment and outside of federal government buildings, you will probably find that since it is not a legal requirement for people to speak both English and French, you will encounter people who can speak English but refuse to because it is their right to only speak French and you cannot force them to speak in English to you. Also, English language schools do exist in Quebec but they're not as widely available as French language schools.

I think that you should sit down and do some research about Canada and figure out what parts of the country you and your family (if you have one) would be willing and able to live in and then target those provinces.

2) It would depend on what the selection criteria is for the province you are applying to...each province operates their own program and the program in BC may not be the same as Ontario's or PEI. You will want to read the PNP section of the website of the provincial government that you wish to apply to and go from there.

3) You could try to call employers directly but it would be an expensive thing to do and the employer is under no obligation to take your call... in fact, many employers state "no phone calls" in their job ads because they don't want or have the time to deal with inquiries from prospective applicants.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
No, as there are no "States" in Canada, only "Provinces" - Australia, India, and the "United States" have 'states.'

Please get this basic fact correct or else you stand to upset/annoy people in Canada - your lack of basic knowledge of the country would tend to make you look like you are only interested in finding a way out of your home country and not truly interested in being in Canada.

1) It probably will, but are you sure that you would be willing to live in The Arctic if you were to receive a PNP from Nunavut or the Northwest Territory? Do you realise just how isolated it is up there or how cold it gets in the winter or just how EXPENSIVE it is to buy groceries?

What about Quebec? Are you prepared to speak French and conduct business in French? Are you prepared to have your children go to a French language school? English is spoken in that province and you may be lucky enough to find a job in an environment where everyone speaks English but outside of that environment and outside of federal government buildings, you will probably find that since it is not a legal requirement for people to speak both English and French, you will encounter people who can speak English but refuse to because it is their right to only speak French and you cannot force them to speak in English to you. Also, English language schools do exist in Quebec but they're not as widely available as French language schools.

I think that you should sit down and do some research about Canada and figure out what parts of the country you and your family (if you have one) would be willing and able to live in and then target those provinces.

2) It would depend on what the selection criteria is for the province you are applying to...each province operates their own program and the program in BC may not be the same as Ontario's or PEI. You will want to read the PNP section of the website of the provincial government that you wish to apply to and go from there.

3) You could try to call employers directly but it would be an expensive thing to do and the employer is under no obligation to take your call... in fact, many employers state "no phone calls" in their job ads because they don't want or have the time to deal with inquiries from prospective applicants.
Thanks for your detailed replies.

Reg. your Basic Knowledge comments , i am sure you did read my lines where i already apologised for being naive. But even if some stupid people from anywhere have issue with that , then they are sure to bang their head wherever they want and i give a damn about that. And yes, people from anywhere get upset reading something written in a stupid way. So probably just being a moderator doesn't give the right to anyone to write whatever they want just because they get upset from an honest query.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Hello

I have submitted by express entry profile with a quite low score (348) which seems to have no chance to seeing the light of invite at this moment :)

However, while creating the EOI i had selected all the states and territories.

Canada does not have states, it has provinces. Why are you trying to emigrate to a country about which you don't even know the most basic information? Surely someone seeking to emigrate would take the time to learn something about the country they are trying to move to.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Thanks for your detailed replies.

Reg. your Basic Knowledge comments , i am sure you did read my lines where i already apologised for being naive.
Rather than apologize for being naive shouldn't you have taken five minutes to learn some basic information?

But even if some stupid people from anywhere have issue with that , then they are sure to bang their head wherever they want and i give a damn about that.
So you want to come to Canada but arrogantly call others stupid for taking offense at your ignorance? And you also state that you don't give a damn whether you have offended those who actually live in this country? Yeah, you'll fit in really well..............

And yes, people from anywhere get upset reading something written in a stupid way. So probably just being a moderator doesn't give the right to anyone to write whatever they want just because they get upset from an honest query.

You should adjust your attitude as it will not fly here in Canada should you somehow manage to emigrate here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.