Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i live in Australia now... aplied 175 in 2008 dec and 2011 dec i got wa ss and and converted 175 to 176 visa on dec 22 2011 and co allocated on 3rd jan 2011 and aked for form 80...

my employer and I got verification call and on

28 th feb I got a letter from natural justice saying that statemnt of me and my previous employer contradicts... and they have doubt in whether i have 8 yrs experience....

there is 28 days time to give explanation...

when i asked my employer he told me he was confused about my joining dates and all as he was not having my file with him when they called him..

and also they asked me some technical questions which i couldn't answer properly as i have completed my studies 12 yrs back how can remember al those thing?

and now the employer has closed his business and now the company is no more in existence as my employer is aged and ill health...

any ways i have send my 8 years annual salary statement , my testimonial and my previous employer testimonial and relieving letter...

is it enough to prove my experience...? i don't have tax returns.... will it be a problem if tax returns are not submitted

is any one there who have undergone the same situation please share the experience?

WILL I GET REJECTED????:(:(:(

if i get rejected , then on what basis they have given me TRA.. i got TRA on the basis that i have 8 years experience on my field. so if my visa get rejected because of employment verification failure, they are proving TRA authority is wrong? i don't understand???

·
Registered
550 Posts
simon999 said:
i live in Australia now... aplied 175 in 2008 dec and 2011 dec i got wa ss and and converted 175 to 176 visa on dec 22 2011 and co allocated on 3rd jan 2011 and aked for form 80...

28 th feb I got a letter from natural justice saying that statemnt of me and my previous employer contradicts... and they have doubt in whether i have 8 yrs experience....

when i asked my employer he told me he was confused about my joining dates and all as he was not having my file with him when they called him..

and also they asked me some technical questions which i couldn't answer properly as i have completed my studies 12 yrs back how can remember al those thing?

and now the employer has closed his business and now the company is no more in existence as my employer is aged and ill health...

any ways i have send my 8 years annual salary statement , my testimonial and my previous employer testimonial and relieving letter...

is it enough to prove my experience...? i don't have tax returns.... will it be a problem if tax returns are not submitted

is any one there who have undergone the same situation please share the experience?

if i get rejected , then on what basis they have given me TRA.. i got TRA on the basis that i have 8 years experience on my field. so if my visa get rejected because of employment verification failure, they are proving TRA authority is wrong? i don't understand???
Hi simon999,
I hope your explanation to them suffices.
I was intrigued by what you have stated in your first sentence... That you converted your 175 to 176. Is such a thing possible? Does this mean the money you paid for 175 is used for 176?

Sent from my iPad using ExpatForum

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hi simon999,
I hope your explanation to them suffices.
I was intrigued by what you have stated in your first sentence... That you converted your 175 to 176. Is such a thing possible? Does this mean the money you paid for 175 is used for 176?

Sent from my iPad using ExpatForum
Converting 175 to 176 without additional fee is possibly for only candidates those who filed 175 long back (dont remember the year). Simon999 seems to be qualified as he filed 175 in 2008. Anyone who has 175 filed and received SS will get automatically converted to 176 (I believe that only if you have filed your 175 before 2010)

Reactions: simon999

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Converting 175 to 176 without additional fee is possibly for only candidates those who filed 175 long back (dont remember the year). Simon999 seems to be qualified as he filed 175 in 2008. Anyone who has 175 filed and received SS will get automatically converted to 176 (I believe that only if you have filed your 175 before 2010)
yes u r rite anyone who aplied b4 2010 july canovert thier 175 to 176 if he get a ss from any state

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
please any one who undergone same situation please reply to my queryy? how did u overcome the situation? what was the time line etc??? please help

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
helo
Any1 who had same exp plz reply ?

·
Registered
65 Posts
helo
Any1 who had same exp plz reply ?
I have received a similar letter. I also don't know how to reply. Apparently the verifying agents came on a day before 'Holi festival' when every body in the Indian is usually on leave.
On top of it they did the verification from an employee of the adjacent company who I have never seen before.

On taking this up with my employer I found out that he was a guy from marketing and mostly stayed in the field.

Now because of his ignorance I have to go through the stress of undoing his mistakes.

Did you get any advice on how to proceed from here.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have received a similar letter. I also don't know how to reply. Apparently the verifying agents came on a day before 'Holi festival' when every body in the Indian is usually on leave.
On top of it they did the verification from an employee of the adjacent company who I have never seen before.

On taking this up with my employer I found out that he was a guy from marketing and mostly stayed in the field.

Now because of his ignorance I have to go through the stress of undoing his mistakes.

Did you get any advice on how to proceed from here.

i have send my 8 years annual salary statement , my testimonial and my previous employer testimonial and relieving letter...

and still waiting for the response from diac.. in feb 28 i got the letter and in march 28 2011, 28 days time period to respond has finished and after that now its almost 1 month still no reply from diac....

what abt you?

how did you proceed ? what al docs you submitted?

did u get any response from diac..... plz reply

·
Registered
274 Posts
This is so scary. Well I have over `15 yrs of exp, although all the companies I have worked for are up and running. I submitted all the docs from all the companies. Now worried if they make verification call, then HR will not be able to provide answers immdly, I hope anywhere they call HR from that company ask them time to give the answers. I have not informed any of my previous company that I have applied for immigration. Anyone here do you think I should call companies and tell them that they might get call from Australia immigration for me? Is it necessary.

Companies I have worked for are all big companies and their website is up and running. And the experience letters signed by the HR then might not be still employed with same organization. :(:( But my Employee ID etc is there in the experience letters/ offer letters/ bonus letters etc.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is so scary. Well I have over `15 yrs of exp, although all the companies I have worked for are up and running. I submitted all the docs from all the companies. Now worried if they make verification call, then HR will not be able to provide answers immdly, I hope anywhere they call HR from that company ask them time to give the answers. I have not informed any of my previous company that I have applied for immigration. Anyone here do you think I should call companies and tell them that they might get call from Australia immigration for me? Is it necessary.

Companies I have worked for are all big companies and their website is up and running. And the experience letters signed by the HR then might not be still employed with same organization. :(:( But my Employee ID etc is there in the experience letters/ offer letters/ bonus letters etc.

yes its better to inform your previous company about the immigration call... to avoid these kinda issues later.....:confused2:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
plz any one who had survived natural justise ... plz reply....

·
Registered
65 Posts
i have send my 8 years annual salary statement , my testimonial and my previous employer testimonial and relieving letter...

and still waiting for the response from diac.. in feb 28 i got the letter and in march 28 2011, 28 days time period to respond has finished and after that now its almost 1 month still no reply from diac....

what abt you?

how did you proceed ? what al docs you submitted?

did u get any response from diac..... plz reply
Hi, I have replied on 13thApril. My CO sent acknowledgment for the response on 24th April. I provided affidavits from colleagues, employer, clients (where I worked), my present company, contract letter, probation confirmation letters etc..

Verification officers had incorrectly done verification from an employee of a neighboring company due to which this confusion arose, so I got a letter from the owner of that other company clarifying it.

So faarr.... no response from DIAC as usual.

Any news on your side ??

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Guys,

I have read something similar here

It took him Aug 2011 to April 2012 (Grant).

Good luck !
still no luck with my visa....

hi hahamed

thanks a lot for that thread... omg.... it tokk more than 1 year to get his grant after geting sponsorship...????????

i dont know what to say !!!

really really I'm fed up with waiting........:Cry::Cry::Cry:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
but thats an old case.. now days visa grants are like within a week or two... but no reponse from diac in this situation....

·
Registered
287 Posts
but thats an old case.. now days visa grants are like within a week or two... but no reponse from diac in this situation....
Hey,
This is the first time I am hearing about verification officers coming and asking people about employment....is this some old practice...does this happen for 175/176 nowadays?

How can they just ask anyone...they need to ask only the authorized people or HR.

G

·
If DIAC are not convinced by your documents they can and do phone & visit the places you claim to have worked and studied to verify the information. They'll ask anyone not just HR. If someone says they worked there for 5 years it is reasonable that others working there, non managers or HR will remember you. So it is valid to ask anyone including seniors, if the evidence is true you have nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
287 Posts
If DIAC are not convinced by your documents they can and do phone & visit the places you claim to have worked and studied to verify the information. They'll ask anyone not just HR. If someone says they worked there for 5 years it is reasonable that others working there, non managers or HR will remember you. So it is valid to ask anyone including seniors, if the evidence is true you have nothing to worry about.
Thanks shel for clarifying...but in large companies, not everyone may know each other by name. Also, asking someone from adjacent company is ridiculous!!!

G

·
They try and get answers from anyone who may know for your benefit. If lots of people have shifted company etc and they can not get answers they'll ask anyone who may possibly know. They also have your picture remember. If someone says yes I recognise that guy going to that office everyday that is verification.

·
Registered
4 Posts

i m n same situation, got letter in the month of july 2012, they stated that we made a verification check in the month of march 14th and one of small employee on phone call answered them that there is no such kind of guy work here and he never understand the intensity of that call, and later on he never informed me or our owner too. and now received this letter from DIAC and they need clarification.
Now i m planning to answer that this guy have professional jealousy with me, thats why he made this kind of claim. and thats why he still did not informed us about this call too. and he made this claim that this is a very small kind of business but actually it is not.
now i m planning to made a video clip to clear this issue and the disclaimer from my owner in my favor.
any suggestions from any body?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts