Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, i urgently need advise please, my name is dez, i am a 25 year old male, originally from nigeria, i currently reside in england with my wife who is originally from cyprus (greek part), i have been married to my wife for 4months now, we are thinking of relocating to cyprus, the problem is i am not legally staying in england, what sort of residency should i be applying for? where do i start from?, she is getting stressed with the whole issue and we don't know where to start from, can anyone please help me with an advise

Thanks

Dez

·
Registered
39,149 Posts
Your fisrt port of call is the Cyprus embassy/consulate in UK. You will have to apply for some sort of spouse visa to enable you to live there with your wife. As you are planning to live in your wife's native country, you don't have an automatic right to join her there, since local law overrides EU regulations. Expect a lot of red tape and hassle, as unfortunately Nigerians have a poor reputation in Europe for breaking immigration rules and a case involving their nationals is usually deeply scrutinised by officials.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Hi guys, i urgently need advise please, my name is dez, i am a 25 year old male, originally from nigeria, i currently reside in england with my wife who is originally from cyprus (greek part), i have been married to my wife for 4months now, we are thinking of relocating to cyprus, the problem is i am not legally staying in england, what sort of residency should i be applying for? where do i start from?, she is getting stressed with the whole issue and we don't know where to start from, can anyone please help me with an advise

Thanks

Dez
There is Cyprus specific forum, you should ask there, not here.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Your Problem is you are not leagal in the UK. The cyprus embassy is going to look on you unfavrably right from the start. They may insist that you apply from your own country.

·
Super Moderator
12,555 Posts
As an illegal imigrant to the UK your chances of getting any sort of visa at all to Cyprus are practially zero.
You would be totally wasting your time going to any consulate or embassy in the UK.

Veronica

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.