Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my husband submitted his application for a spouse visa along with visa fee biometrics etc.
I am about to send all supporting docs to Sheffield, can anybody please advise that along with a copy of the completed online app, do I also have to send the hand filled appendix 2 also and Sponsor Undertaking form???

pls advise

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
It's your husband who should be sending the documents from where he applied, not you. He should enclose printed out and signed application, biometric receipt and completed Appendix 2. SU07/12form isn't needed.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh dear, I really thought that as I have all the documents and they are going to Sheffield it would be easier for me to send them. If the app is not signed and also the biometric receipt as you mentioned submitted will it be a major problem. As we will be out if time for him to send me these items via DHL?
Oh no!

He submitted a completed appendix 2 on the day he submitted his app and biometrics?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
You must not send documents yourself. They have to come from Nigeria where your husband is. So send all your documents to him by DHL and he will then send to Sheffield. Seems complicated but that's how it is done.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Yeah, that seems a different procedure from normal, as it states your sponsor can send the documents to Sheffield.
Just follow the instructions, enclosing the documents specified plus supporting material. If you put your address on the return label, you will get them back, while his passport will be returned to VFS in Nigeria.
Complicated, isn't it?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes it is.

Phew....almost had a coronary then!
Thanks so much for all your advice over the past week.

Last question ....should I use DHL or Royal Mail??

Many thanks

Goodnight

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Within UK, Royal Mail Special Delivery is reliable and cheap, so I stick to that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.