Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, can anyone suggest the best schools for a primary teacher in Dubai? I'm thinking of moving there but it's imperative I get a well paid job as I need to save, save, save. Of course, I will adore the kids and teach them to my utmost ability in case anyone thinks I'm a selfish cow who's only thinking about the money. Cheers:p

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi, can anyone suggest the best schools for a primary teacher in Dubai? I'm thinking of moving there but it's imperative I get a well paid job as I need to save, save, save. Of course, I will adore the kids and teach them to my utmost ability in case anyone thinks I'm a selfish cow who's only thinking about the money. Cheers:p
Welcome to the land of plenty :hippie:....wanna make money?....teaching in Dubai @ GEMS = Hit the Jackpot !:party::party::party:.......a very small advice, and I am sure you would get thousands here,........just use KHDA $$ radars and you would hit the $$ big time...:wof:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Forgive my ignorance but what do you mean by ''use KHDA$$ radars and you would hit the $$ big time?'' I don't understand some of the lingo here?? How much would I expect to be paid at Gems? I currently earn 635 euro per week in Ireland but as I'm still paying off college debts, I'm not left with much. Also Ireland is in a financial heap and anything we earn disappears as soon as we earn it. Thanks for your response.

·
Super Moderator
Originally from UK but lived in many countries
6,963 Posts
Forgive my ignorance but what do you mean by ''use KHDA$$ radars and you would hit the $$ big time?'' I don't understand some of the lingo here?? How much would I expect to be paid at Gems? I currently earn 635 euro per week in Ireland but as I'm still paying off college debts, I'm not left with much. Also Ireland is in a financial heap and anything we earn disappears as soon as we earn it. Thanks for your response.
I think you need to look at the time this reply was posted and note that it was sent on a Thursday night!! - Therefore the least likely time to send a meaningful reply!!
GEMS group operate a lot of schools in Dubai and have a high turnover of staff - therefore a good prospect to secure a job.
Teachers I have spoken to are not that happy with their pay & condition packages - regardless of which school they teach at or which company runs that school.
I certainly don't think Dubai is the ideal place for teachers to earn loads and save money.
The happiest teachers I have found in Dubai are those whose husbands or wives have a well paid job and they teach to supplement their income (and pay for their designer goods). The other happy group are the young singles who come here for an adventure and spend their money on having fun.
Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
80 Posts
We have just left Jakarta where we shared a compound with many teachers. They said that Jakarta was one of the best paid jobs overseas. The cost of living is cheap there and you can have a very nice lifestyle whilst saving. Many of my friends love it there. None would consider Dubai as the salaries are not enough.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts