Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I have joined new to the Expatforum. Already loving it, seeing so much valuable real life solutions related to migrations.

I have planned to go ahead and apply for Australia PR and in preparation phase to submit docs at ACS by mid of October '17, which is the first step towards the PR.

I have been reading ACS website pages and help docs available to know about the processes about ACS part. I have checked few options to go with India based migrating agents but finally decided to go independent and apply by my own. Now I need help and support from experts in this forum. But before that I must describe my background and how I am preparing.

Education -
a) 3 Years BSc (Electronics as Honours/Major and Comp Science as Pass/Minor subjects) from University of Calcutta.
b) Post BSc, I have completed 3 yrs of B.Tech in Optoelectronics (applied physics) University of Calcutta.
c) My B Tech mark sheets got subject names and most of them as non IT but there are few with IT related.
d) My mark sheets in BSc do have details subject names but just one name like Computer Science. [what I did have is syllabus from University for my BSc subjects]

Experience -
a) After B.Tech. I got job in leading IT company in India and since then (its 10 yrs) I am working there only.

Role for ACS -
Software Engineer

The docs I am planning to submit in ACS are,

## All DOCUMENTS NOTARIZED - with wordings "Certified true copy of original/ True copy " with date and seal.

a) Notarised Colour Print of B.Tech. and B.Sc certificates
b) Notarised Colour Print of B.Tech. and B.Sc mark sheets, with relevant subjects highlighted by markers.
c) Notarised photo copies of B.Sc syllabus (Computer Science)
d) Statutory declaration from my senior colleague as Work Experience
e) Notarised Photo copy of photo page and last page
d) Copy of my Company ID card
e) Payslip last three months + Latest Promotion Letter/Compensation letter

The questions I have, are,

a) What should be an ideal template for preparing a experience letter for role software engineer.
b) How the scanned copies above mentioned docs be clubbed together in one PDF files for uploading into ACS website?
c) Because I have a BSc and BTech each of 3 yrs duration, how ACS will consider while calculating the suitability and how many years may be deducted?
d) I have work exp in Australia for a year but that us during early period of the career and later 2 yrs work exp in UK. Does it help any way in ACS or overall PR process?

e) Most important question is Am I missing something ???? :)

Your suggestion and advice will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Raju

·
Registered
579 Posts
Hello Raju,

Following are my views which might be little different from other members.

1. Prepare a PDF with the notarized copies of your convocation, mark sheets of BSC as one file (consolidated marks list also worked for me) and name it as Education_Bsc.pdf (or something similar)
2. Prepare another PDF similar as above for B.Tech
3. Syllabus not required if the subjects are mentioned in the marks sheets
4. If you have the subjects written at the back of the marks list, even better (get the back side printed and notarized as well.
5. Statutory declaration from Manager will be better than senior colleague if the latter is not your supervisor (in some companies, supervisor and manager are different)
6. "e) Notarised Photo copy of photo page and last page". I presume this is your passport. Go ahead
7. Company ID card is fine but i am not sure how much that can be of help
8. Try getting the job duties from HR on company letter head (Works even better than SD)
9. Payslip and other docs will be useful with DIBP and were not required for my case. (Again other senior members can comment on this)
10. Ideal template for preparing experience letter, check the "ANZSCO Code Information - 2017 V4" doc on the ACS which has the duties explained. YOu can prepare your letter on the lines of that along with the other responsibilities. (basically it should relate maximum to the code you choose)
11. Use online software to club PDF documents or if you can arrange all the other documents required for scanning as PDFs in one shot (apart from the ones you submit to ACS, you can download the trial version of Adobe Acrobat Standard. Alternatively, when you scan all these documents, the scanning software helps you scan multiple documents in a single PDF output
12. You can arrange for the experience letters for your experience in Aus and UK separately if you want or you can mention the details in the same experience in detail
13. After ACS, you might have to look into applying PCC for AUS and UK for your immigraiton process at a later stage.

Request other members to add or modify my comments.

Reactions: RajuOK

·
Registered
199 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Rave .. Your suggestions are very useful and precise..
I may need your recommendations in next week if I face any last min hiccups before ACS submission.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@ Rave ..
I know the question I am going to ask may not be an immediate ask for me but still could not resist..

You said PCC from Australia and UK.. Is it because I stayed there for more than a 1 year in last 10 Yrs..
a) Do u have any doc or website which explains the PCC requirement..
b) Also is it recommended to start arranging PCC soon after completing the ACS application part? My plan was ...
ACS > PTE > EOI > DIBP (where PCC comes into picture) .. But happy to know your view on the sequence of process steps ..
c) Is it required to arrange PCC for spouse also?
d) Most important part .. How to apply for PCC for Australia and UK from India .. Any idea!!

Thanks Raju

·
Registered
579 Posts
@ Rave ..
I know the question I am going to ask may not be an immediate ask for me but still could not resist..

You said PCC from Australia and UK.. Is it because I stayed there for more than a 1 year in last 10 Yrs..
a) Do u have any doc or website which explains the PCC requirement.. DIBP site is the best. check the character requirements section
b) Also is it recommended to start arranging PCC soon after completing the ACS application part? My plan was ...
ACS > PTE > EOI > DIBP (where PCC comes into picture) .. But happy to know your view on the sequence of process steps ..Better to initiate PCC once you are read to file the visa(after EOI when you get an invite, you would have only 60 days to apply for visa and if this takes more time apply it in advance)
c) Is it required to arrange PCC for spouse also?Yes
d) Most important part .. How to apply for PCC for Australia and UK from India .. Any idea!! request you to check with members who have applied PCC from abroad as I am based in India only andhave traveled overseas for a short visit.

Thanks Raju
Hello Raju,

Yes it is because you have stayed there for more than 1 year. As per multiple threads in this forum and the instructions on the websites, you need to provide PCC for all the countries you have stayed from the age of 16.

My other answers are inline.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts