Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please I need help finding how to get a "non-bankcruptcy certificate" in the USA

Dear forum,

I need your help; I have to obtain a "déclaration sur l’honneur de non-faillite dans le pays d’origine" = non-bankruptcy declaration in the USA for a French visa application.

Does any one know where to get this certificate in the USA, is there a government body responsible for issuing this certificate?

I appreciate your prompt feedback.

Thank you

·
Administrator
49,986 Posts
Not sure what you need it for, but normally a "déclaration sur l'honneur" consists of a handwritten letter from you stating "on your honor" that you have or haven't been or done whatever they're looking for. I know my husband had to write out a "déclaration sur l'honneur" when he needed to renew his carte d'identité and couldn't find the old one - either that or file a police report stating that it was stolen (which it hadn't been).

You can ask the agency that is requesting this for help with the wording, but I think this is pretty much something you prepare yourself.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Merci Beaucoup!!!!

Not sure what you need it for, but normally a "déclaration sur l'honneur" consists of a handwritten letter from you stating "on your honor" that you have or haven't been or done whatever they're looking for. I know my husband had to write out a "déclaration sur l'honneur" when he needed to renew his carte d'identité and couldn't find the old one - either that or file a police report stating that it was stolen (which it hadn't been).

You can ask the agency that is requesting this for help with the wording, but I think this is pretty much something you prepare yourself.
Cheers,
Bev
Bonjour Bevdeforges,

Merci beaucoup pour votre réponse. I had been concerned about what this document may have been, so I also contacted a French lawyer, and it is as you said above it is a written declaration. As always I appreciate your insightful response.

Kind Regards

Xhosal

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi, I also need to write this statement of non-bankruptcy for my French visa application and was wondering how long does the letter need to be? What do I say? Does it need to be in french? Does it need to be notarized?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts