Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please, I need everybody’s help!!!!

Ever since coming home from Australia in 2006, my partner and I have been gaining extra work experience to immigrate. We are looking for a sponsor but finding it so hard. We are both very hard working, my partner is a college lecturer teaching 16+ and I am currently in real estate and have been for the past 4 years. With this in mind we are both happy to take on any role offered, we just don’t know where to find these sponsor’s, does anybody know how or where to find a sponsor?????

Any advise would greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Hi ,

There are 2 types of sponsors

1. A close relative of you or you partner who is a PR or Citizen of Au and should be willing to sponsor you , to get this type of sponsership either you or your partner have to fit in one the SOLs which are listed in australian immigration list, to simplify this just go through the various sites which allows you to take a free online assessment and check that weather you reach a score of 100 or not , if your assessment score is 100 , then as I said earlier find a close relative who is ready to sponser and start your research for the same. you can find lots of threads here.

2. Other option is , again if you or your partner's occupation is on SOL then start contacting some of Au employers who is willing to sponser you (If you are luckey ) , if you are able to find one then your job is very easy .

If you are a new bee , Please go through the various threads and immigration websites so that you will get an idea of Au visa's and then you will be having better clarity on sponsorship and visa rules.

Good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, thank you so much for your reply.

I think i was hoping for someone to offer me a job through this site, ha ha :)

Do you know of any websites where i might find employers that sponsor? I have contacted several companies but all say they will not sponsor even though they need the staff.

Thank you again. Claire

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Hi, thank you so much for your reply.

I think i was hoping for someone to offer me a job through this site, ha ha :)

Do you know of any websites where i might find employers that sponsor? I have contacted several companies but all say they will not sponsor even though they need the staff.

Thank you again. Claire
There is a requirement for companies to hire locally and I believe that they can only hire from abroad if they have tried to hire locally and the skills aren't available.

There is a link for sponsorship in the 'PLEASE READ.....' sticky post which may be able to help.

Regards,
Karen

·
Registered
881 Posts
What are the obvious advantages of being sponsored by a relative (Au Citizen)????

1 - 6 of 6 Posts