Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Please help!!!!!!!!

2K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  waudy10 
#1 ·
I sat my IELTS in feb and scored 8 and 9s in each subject except 7.5 in writing which only gave me 10 points!

It's taken until today for my agent to tell me I had to get 8 in each band to get 20 points so i was half a point short:(

As it's passed the 6am Mark from when I took the test I cannot appeal

The next date I can get booked on an IELTS course is 29th may if I manage to get 8 in each band I may get my application submitted before the 1st July change if I don't I won't make it!!!!

2 questions............. Can my agent still log my application now even though I haven't passed the IELTS test????

And is there any chance if I speak to DIAC that we could get around this with me only been half a point off one of the bands

#8 ·
Unfortunately there is no way to get around this points shortage system. Maybe trying for State Sponsorship will give you the required 5 points. Have you looked at that?

#10 ·
One option could be to get ur mother tongue get tested by NAATI (if its in the accretided list) and the other option could be to get ur spouse's skills assessed...

#12 ·
there r many languages for which u get points...these langages include urdu, hindi, punjabi and many others...if u have sufficient proficiency in any of these languages then u can claim 5 points for it...but for that u have to undergo a language test conducted by australian authorrity called NAATI...just gooogle about it and u'll get to know the details...

let me know if u need more assistance...

#13 ·
Honestly NAATI is so freakin hard, it would take a while to prepare for it, since you can be qualified as a proper translator once you do that.

In your case your only choice is to wait for the re-test or re-evaluation. Btw did you try to register at nearby towns?, i had to drive 3 hours for my test :p to get an early date, otherwise i would've been about 3 months late. Sounds crazy but was worth it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.