Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello House,

How are you guys doing? Please I need some help/advice with you guys.

Firstly I have a Section 11(6) permit which allows me to do business and I just recently renewed it for the second time. and I have already put in my PRP 26 (b) exactly 1 year this month. I am self-employed. Now I will like to witch to Information and Technology (IT). At the moment I already have CompTIA A+, Network+ and Security+ certification. Also, they fell under the Critical Skills category too. also note that I didnt attend any school for these cert, I studied and wrote the exams online.

Secondly, I don't know how to go about with this IITPSA registration because I don't have any experience in the IT industry as of now. I saw that you need to have some few years experience before you can register. Also, how do I need to go about to get a CSV which will allow me to work? And I hope it won't affect my PRP 26 (b) application?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hello House,

How are you guys doing? Please I need some help/advice with you guys.

Firstly I have a Section 11(6) permit which allows me to do business and I just recently renewed it for the second time. and I have already put in my PRP 26 (b) exactly 1 year this month. I am self-employed. Now I will like to witch to Information and Technology (IT). At the moment I already have CompTIA A+, Network+ and Security+ certification. Also, they fell under the Critical Skills category too. also note that I didnt attend any school for these cert, I studied and wrote the exams online.

Secondly, I don't know how to go about with this IITPSA registration because I don't have any experience in the IT industry as of now. I saw that you need to have some few years experience before you can register. Also, how do I need to go about to get a CSV which will allow me to work? And I hope it won't affect my PRP 26 (b) application?

IITPSA will register you. You'll have to confirm with them if they will issue a support letter for CSV, I believe they should. However, why do you want to switch to CSV? Just endorse your 11(6) to work instead of run a business. The benefit of CSV is faster route to PR but since you've already applied under 26(b) there's no benefit for you anyway.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IITPSA will register you. You'll have to confirm with them if they will issue a support letter for CSV, I believe they should. However, why do you want to switch to CSV? Just endorse your 11(6) to work instead of run a business. The benefit of CSV is faster route to PR but since you've already applied under 26(b) there's no benefit for you anyway.

Thank you for your response, I don't know how it works that is why I was asking. So no need to register with IITPSA. Also, do I need to get a job offer for me to apply for the work endorsement?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Thank you for your response, I don't know how it works that is why I was asking. So no need to register with IITPSA. Also, do I need to get a job offer for me to apply for the work endorsement?
Yes. You need a job offer but no employer declaration or anything like that

·
Registered
227 Posts
I was a little bit scare that it will mess up my PRP application and my permit. I just dont want to start from zero.
Your work/study/business is a secondary condition of your visa. The primary is that of being a spouse. As long as that doesn't change, you'll get your PR.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts