Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am new to the site and after spending literally hours looking through the forum, I can't find the answer to my question which is why I am posting here. Thank you in advance to anyone who can offer me any sort of help with this.

First of all, I am a UK citizen, residing in the UK and I am married to an Egyptian man who will be shortly applying for the spousal visa to come over here. We have everything sorted in terms of documentation, except for accommodation details.

The plan is that he will stay with me and my parents in their house for the probationary period. My parents own the house outright with no mortgage or loan against the property. My mum has written a letter saying that she owns the house, he can stay, 4 bedrooms, no mortgage etc and signed it with my dad.

However, I don't think this is enough and therefore I am really struggling as to what else to send. I have looked on the UK Visa info website at the documents and we have a problem. My parents cannot find the deeds to the house and, as they purchased it pre-1985, our solicitor says that they are not on the Land Registry either, as only properties from 1985 onwards were assigned the LR number code thing.

Furthermore, my parents never had a mortgage, only a home improvement loan that they paid off very quickly. The bank have said they can't issue a letter saying that they don't have a mortgage/loan because that won't do anything; just because they don't have a loan/mortgage with that bank doesn't mean they don't have one with another.

I really don't know what to send and I would appreciate any advice that people can give me. We have utility bills, council tax bills and the initial receipt from the previous owner of the house to my parents from 1982, but other than that- that's it.

Any advice welcome, thank you so much.

Melissa

·
Registered
39,085 Posts
Hi all,

I am new to the site and after spending literally hours looking through the forum, I can't find the answer to my question which is why I am posting here. Thank you in advance to anyone who can offer me any sort of help with this.

First of all, I am a UK citizen, residing in the UK and I am married to an Egyptian man who will be shortly applying for the spousal visa to come over here. We have everything sorted in terms of documentation, except for accommodation details.

The plan is that he will stay with me and my parents in their house for the probationary period. My parents own the house outright with no mortgage or loan against the property. My mum has written a letter saying that she owns the house, he can stay, 4 bedrooms, no mortgage etc and signed it with my dad.

However, I don't think this is enough and therefore I am really struggling as to what else to send. I have looked on the UK Visa info website at the documents and we have a problem. My parents cannot find the deeds to the house and, as they purchased it pre-1985, our solicitor says that they are not on the Land Registry either, as only properties from 1985 onwards were assigned the LR number code thing.

Furthermore, my parents never had a mortgage, only a home improvement loan that they paid off very quickly. The bank have said they can't issue a letter saying that they don't have a mortgage/loan because that won't do anything; just because they don't have a loan/mortgage with that bank doesn't mean they don't have one with another.

I really don't know what to send and I would appreciate any advice that people can give me. We have utility bills, council tax bills and the initial receipt from the previous owner of the house to my parents from 1982, but other than that- that's it.
That's sufficient. Just enclose them with a photocopy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.