Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I made the horrible mistake of applying for a Skills Assessment without the proper education (Bachelor's Degree). I have an Associate's and over 5 years experience in Marketing (which was deemed suitable). Unfortunately, my education was deemed not suitable, resulting in a negative assessment.

I have 60 points, which is the requirement for the VISA, but I have to have that positive assessment to get any of the Skilled VISAs.

What I'm asking: is going back to school my only option now? Are there any other options for moving permanently to Australia? Without having to become a mail order bride? ;)

I'm a Senior level marketing executive, I nailed my IELTS, I'm 30 (which seems to be the age ideal)... I just never got that 4 year degree.

Any advice? Thank you so much!!

G

·
Unless there is another occupation that you can nominate which does not require a degree yes your only option is to study.

How do you get 60 points without education points and SKILLED work experience points ie your work experience does not count unless it is post qualifying ie 4yrs BA if thats what the occupation requires.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unless there is another occupation that you can nominate which does not require a degree yes your only option is to study.

How do you get 60 points without education points and SKILLED work experience points ie your work experience does not count unless it is post qualifying ie 4yrs BA if thats what the occupation requires.
That's what I was afraid of. I don't think I can nominate any schedule C occupations.

And to answer your question, my age, IELTS score, associations and work experience WOULD put me at 60 points, without education... Which I obviously need. So that is a moot point, I guess.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts